Top Tackle Target Beau Stephens Enjoying Tight Bond with Iowa

[I posted this on the recruiting board under the same topic]

Stephens is one of several really promising offensive linemen recruits we are very much in on.

Along with Colby and Dunker, who are already committed, there's Stephens, Michael Myslinski and Joe Alt (both rumored to be very strong Iowa leans), David Davidkov and Rayshaun Benny. Then there's Marcus Mbow. Not sure where we stand there. One poster on TOS from Wisconsin who claimed to have inside info said that Iowa has backed off for whatever reason.

I don't know how many offensive linemen we'll take in this class but this is a quality group.

If I had to predict, I would say that Alt, Myslinski and Stephens all will end up Hawks. Factoring in redshirts (a definite for Alt), Davidkov remains a very real possibility as well.

If these verbals all stick, I am really excited about this class. And, even more excited about the serious upside of Iowa’s recruiting.

Well, that was quick. Looks a bit like Eric Steinbach. Nice if he ends up playing like him.

Nice get. Go Hawks!

Don't get notable OL/DL recruits out of Missouri too often..........Clayborn (2006), Mike Wells (1989)...........who am I missing?

Like his offer list...........nice catch.

Kid looks like a man already
It's crazy isn't it? Remember when kids were brought in at 250-275ish and all had to be built up? Hell now they step on campus physically pretty much ready to go. It's mostly about the mental side and technique with getting them on the field. Which is a big leap from HS to D1. But the gap has closed a ton from the physical side of it.

And don't look now but Iowa is totally killing it in recruiting. I'm not sure who some of the top targets of ours might still be up for grabs but it feels like with the momentum they have they could have a top 5 class when it's all said and done. That will be really head turning if that happens.

My wish list:
Alt OL (given, legacy)
Myslinski OL
Davidkov OL
Benny (to DL)
Brecht WR
Bell WR
Johnson WR
Noel WR
Fidone TE
Parks RB
Irving RB
Bruce ATH
Booker DE
Hanson DE
Young CB
McCulley QB

Get those hogs an elite RB to burrow holes for. KirkBall Reborn.

I think we're all craving this. A fairly mediocre run game, and relatively high talent level on the OL... it's been a bit of a head scratcher. And I'm not familiar with Iowa's 2021 RB targets, nor do I care about stars. But would be awesome to have a high level RB with the elite combination of size, speed, and athleticism. It seems like we get RBs with two of these traits, but not all three. And it's not easy to get all three. Those guys don't grow on trees.

I think we're all craving this. A fairly mediocre run game, and relatively high talent level on the OL... it's been a bit of a head scratcher. And I'm not familiar with Iowa's 2021 RB targets, nor do I care about stars. But would be awesome to have a high level RB with the elite combination of size, speed, and athleticism. It seems like we get RBs with two of these traits, but not all three. And it's not easy to get all three. Those guys don't grow on trees.
Let's run a two fullback option, fool them.

The lack of an elite RB is what has separated us from Wisconsin for many years. Plus, some puzzling coaching.

[I posted this on the recruiting board under the same topic]

Stephens is one of several really promising offensive linemen recruits we are very much in on.

Along with Colby and Dunker, who are already committed, there's Stephens, Michael Myslinski and Joe Alt (both rumored to be very strong Iowa leans), David Davidkov and Rayshaun Benny. Then there's Marcus Mbow. Not sure where we stand there. One poster on TOS from Wisconsin who claimed to have inside info said that Iowa has backed off for whatever reason.

I don't know how many offensive linemen we'll take in this class but this is a quality group.

If I had to predict, I would say that Alt, Myslinski and Stephens all will end up Hawks. Factoring in redshirts (a definite for Alt), Davidkov remains a very real possibility as well.
With Stephens and Davidkov both now in the fold, Alt and Myslinski better step up to the plate soon. That's four offensive linemen committed. We may well be approaching our limit for this cycle.

My wish list:
Alt OL (given, legacy)
Myslinski OL
Davidkov OL
Benny (to DL)
Brecht WR
Bell WR
Johnson WR
Noel WR
Fidone TE
Parks RB
Irving RB
Bruce ATH
Booker DE
Hanson DE
Young CB
McCulley QB
Your list would put us at 27, which I doubt we go that high. Probably settle around 20-22 as usual.

We're out on Noel (trimmed it to 2 without us), and likely have backed off Hanson (we already have Bowie, Liddle, and Llewelyn, and Benny and Booker are both higher priorities). Probably only take 1 RB, which right now looks like Parks. Not sure how legitimate our chances are with Young or McCulley.

50/50 shots at Benny (us and Michigan), Johnson & Fidone (us and Nebby), and Bruce (us and ISU).

High probability with Alt (though Minnesota is pushing hard), Myslinski, Brecht, Bell, Parks.

Probably add at least one more TE (especially if we don't get Fidone). Maybe pluck Moore away from ISU, since he's always been a huge Iowa fan.

Latest posts