It'll be about Connor

Personally, I don't think Connor should try to take on any B10 team by himself. I just don't think he can guard the 5.

All kidding aside. He's got to make a decision on his future. If he wants to be a basketball player, then commit to it. If he wants to be a baseball player, then commit to it. At his age, a guy working in the gym every day and getting better every day is distancing himself from someone fielding grounders and missing curve balls. It's a reality. There are only a handful of athletes in the country who can do both at a high level. Connor, I doubt is one of them. I'm not bagging on him...it's damn near impossible to do well.

Trust me, I have a kid on an AAU club team...none of these guys are working on two sports...they spend all their free time in the gym...and I mean all free time. You can't take a break for months and come back on par with someone who's been improving. It's funny, early mornings (5:30am) my kid wants to just get some shots up...so I go and rebound for him...and every morning we go...there are three of four other kids doing the same thing. A Duke recruit was in the 24 Hour Fitness gym last week...at 5:30am.

Fran and Connor are kidding themselves if they think he can keep up. He's staying level or improving slightly...other kids are moving forward at a faster pace. At his age, at his level, you don't get the time back to improve. It's all about time for these kids and how you spend it.
If connor plays baseball and basketball all five years and bombs out he will still be able to be financed in some business by his dad if he wants to be. The guy is on the honor roll so his family should be able to figure it all out.

If connor plays baseball and basketball all five years and bombs out he will still be able to be financed in some business by his dad if he wants to be. The guy is on the honor roll so his family should be able to figure it all out.
Damn, I remember when people couldn't wait for him to get here. :)

I remember when people were lamenting his absence in 2018 and proclaiming that he would have been such a steadying influence.

I remember when people couldn't wait to ship Pemsl and Nunge down the river.

It's amazing how much players improve by not playing.
:)

Connor has reached his ceiling. He isn't going to become a good shooter at this point. I like his toughness, his leadership, and his passing skills. Those are very important to a team's success.

Joe Toussaint is going to have to take on a bigger role than he is probably ready for. He's going to make a lot of mistakes and fans are going to be down on him. But I believe he is going to help this team big time. It just won't be now. And unfortunately, Iowa needs him now. 19-20 season is going to be a rough one.

Kihei Clark for VA was a 3* true F 5’9” 154# pg that decomitted from UC Davis to go to UVA. He’s from the LA metroplex and dominated his senior year. JT is dominating in NYC. To think JT can’t have a major impact is nonsense.

CJF is a 6’4” combo guard that scored 900 his senior year. He had legit offers (IN, Louisville). Saying he is JO 2.0...also nonsense. If you watched his film, it’s clear he’s quicker than any guard currently on roster (unless you consider JW to be a combo sg/sf). He’s also a long 6’4”.

There are a lot of min up for grabs and these 2 are going to take half of them. CMac will still have a role but unless he miraculously becomes a 40% 3pt shooter, it won’t expand, it’ll diminish slightly. IMO that’s why Moss left. He saw the 2 aforementioned F ball handlers coming and knew his role would not increase.

CJF isn’t 6-4. He also did not have offers from Indiana and Louisville at the time he committed to Iowa. He was willing to walk in here.

I’m open to ideas for a wager regarding CM’s minutes. I’ll take over what he played last season. You can have the under. Name the bet.

Damn, I remember when people couldn't wait for him to get here. :)

I remember when people were lamenting his absence in 2018 and proclaiming that he would have been such a steadying influence.

I remember when people couldn't wait to ship Pemsl and Nunge down the river.

It's amazing how much players improve by not playing.
:)
Or, the Iowa fan base is desperate for some national success, any top level success.

Connor has reached his ceiling. He isn't going to become a good shooter at this point. I like his toughness, his leadership, and his passing skills. Those are very important to a team's success.

Joe Toussaint is going to have to take on a bigger role than he is probably ready for. He's going to make a lot of mistakes and fans are going to be down on him. But I believe he is going to help this team big time. It just won't be now. And unfortunately, Iowa needs him now. 19-20 season is going to be a rough one.
But so often when opportunity knocks, the door opens for unseen success!

CJF isn’t 6-4. He also did not have offers from Indiana and Louisville at the time he committed to Iowa. He was willing to walk in here.

I’m open to ideas for a wager regarding CM’s minutes. I’ll take over what he played last season. You can have the under. Name the bet.

That tells me all about next year that I need to know. :(

I am with Howe. With Moss' transfer, the game has really changed. We are replacing two experienced guards with two guards that have never played at the collegiate level. To believe they will both be so good as to diminish Connor's role is a bit far-fetched.

I believe that all 10 scholarship players will get good minutes. I see Jabo playing a lot more 2 with Touissant and Conner getting serious minutes at the point.

I do not disagree with most of the comments on Conner. He has valuable skills and can play a role, especially if he finds an average outside shot. However, the dream is that Touissant is so good as to minimize Conner's role. I just do not see that dream coming true.

As a freshman JBo...per game.

29.6 Minutes
5.1 Assists
2.2 TOs

I didn’t list his offensive numbers because I don’t think for a minute that JT will be anywhere near the shooter/scorer JBo is. But I don’t understand why it’s so far fetched to think JT can play 24 minutes a game with 5 Assists and 2.5 TOs per game with some good defense. What am I missing?

Well, 247 listed CJF as 6’4”. They also list an IN offer prior to his Iowa commitment. I remembered the other significant offer incorrectly. It was Xavier not Louisville. At the time of the offer, Xavier would have been a bigger offer than Louisville anyway.

As a freshman JBo...per game.

29.6 Minutes
5.1 Assists
2.2 TOs

I didn’t list his offensive numbers because I don’t think for a minute that JT will be anywhere near the shooter/scorer JBo is. But I don’t understand why it’s so far fetched to think JT can play 24 minutes a game with 5 Assists and 2.5 TOs per game with some good defense. What am I missing?
I gotta agree. Just ran across a clip on another site the other day playing maybe in a recent tourney or something other than his HS clips. Was tearing it up and it wasn't against slow white boys from Iowa. Not expecting Joe W type of an impact bit I think he contributes this year. Why does everyone think that is far fetched? Number one player in NY can't be too shabby.

If he doesn't become more of a viable offensive threat, I am not interested. He has to become a better shooter.

I'd of never said it going into the season, but Connor is starting to grow on me. Just wish he could shoot.

Well he improved a lot this season. Still not a scorer, but can get us a bucket when we need it. Leader on the court. Tough, provides attitude much needed to the program.
I'd of never said it going into the season, but Connor is starting to grow on me. Just wish he could shoot.

At this point, based off everyone we still have left up right, he's my 4th best option to shoot it from any where.... which isn't saying much, but I'd rather he take a 3 or drive 4th most on the team. Behind Luka, JW or CJ. He's shot better as the year has gone on.

The other night, he shot those two threes late and while the ball was in the air I was saying "no, no, no....yes!"

He's improved from last year and he can be 35% three, we'll be OK.