This team of full of WARRIORS

Gotta love these Hawks! Gonna remember this season with fondness no matter how far they go. Oh how special it will be if all are back and healthy next year. It may be the 2nd most talented/deep Hawk Team ever.

Can't figure out though if Fran gets credit for being a good recruiter to get these players or a good coach for making good players out of not highly sought after recruits? I think it's maybe a bit of both.

The Big Ten is such a grind. It is going to be hard for 7 guys to sustain that. I don't see them throwing in the towel, but it won't surprise me if there are nights where they are out of gas. Best if it happens on the road, easier to give one of those games up than a flat effort at home.

5 white starters in the final 4 next year is going to be hilarious. Best big man in the country surrounded by a really good 3 point shooting team sounds like the really good Purdue teams recently.

5 white starters in the final 4 next year is going to be hilarious. Best big man in the country surrounded by a really good 3 point shooting team sounds like the really good Purdue teams recently.
"I have a dream that my five boys will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by their ability and their character." --MLKjr, revised

"I have a dream that my five boys will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by their ability and their character." --MLKjr, revised

Once Iowa makes the final 4 next year, white players ever will stop getting ridiculed.

Wow, some of us must be forgetting the what has happened over this regime. We would all be doing back flips and eating crow (I would have a heap of it to eat) but these guys have to keep earning it. They have had some good wins this year (last night included) but this program has not sniffed the regular season title, struggles to win in the first round of the BTT tournament, and has not got passed the 2nd round of the NCAAs (and realistically taking 2-3 years to build up to that level to be fodder for a Top Seed). A program that gets hot, then folds, remembers offense, but forgets to play defense. A program that has recruiting holes and injuries that affects more than others.

Clearly, the narrative from the locker room is putting out there we are tough and we are not going to fold. The outside noise has penetrated the locker room and they are trying to do something about it. That is great. They just have to keep earning it. But Final 4s aren't going to fall into their laps with just heart and grit. That will get them half way there. The regime has to fix the other glaring weaknesses that is holding this program back and that starts with more balanced recruiting and continuing to drill basic basketball fundamentals in their practices.

They still have a lot to prove, but I agree, you so far can't question their hearts this year. Dare to dream, but keep your eyes wide open.

I certainly didn’t see this win coming but I did say earlier in the year that this team would compete on a more consistent basis because they play D.

Might be the first time in Fran’s era that I’m worried about scoring.

I certainly didn’t see this win coming but I did say earlier in the year that this team would compete on a more consistent basis because they play D.

Might be the first time in Fran’s era that I’m worried about scoring.

That is an interesting observation about scoring. With the injuries, it does worry me if both Garza and Wiescamp are not hitting, will they be able to get enough offensive production from the other guys? Garza and Wiescamp had what 47 out of the 67 points last night. If either one of them were off, it could have been a different game. They need a 3rd or 4th guy to step up.

I don't know why so many people say we haven't sniffed a conference title. In '15 we lost 2 really close games at home at the end of the year. Win them and we win a championship. That falls into the "sniffed it" category if you ask me.

That is an interesting observation about scoring. With the injuries, it does worry me if both Garza and Wiescamp are not hitting, will they be able to get enough offensive production from the other guys? Garza and Wiescamp had what 47 out of the 67 points last night. If either one of them were off, it could have been a different game. They need a 3rd or 4th guy to step up.

We will pretty much lose most games where either one of them are off. Hopefully we win the ones they're both on and hopefully they're both on at least 8 more times.

I don't know why so many people say we haven't sniffed a conference title. In '15 we lost 2 really close games at home at the end of the year. Win them and we win a championship. That falls into the "sniffed it" category if you ask me.

Ok, twist my arm, I suppose I could buy that. :)

I’m enjoying this team in the moment. I don’t want to miss it by looking big picture or worrying about what’s going to happen next. It’s a good story right now.
I think back to the last few Alford years and Lickliter years, this years team is a 100 times more exciting and fun to watch. If Garz and Wiescamp come back next year I really think we win the BIG and make a Final 4 run. As for this year, when Frederick comes back if we make the Big Dance, I could see us in the Sweet 16 depending on our seeding.

That's Right

These guys are not intimated and do not give up

I remember the game at Michigan when they didn't stop fighting until the final whistle blew

The Wolverines called timeouts near the end of the game and they were looking at each other like:

WTF is up with these guys, there is no way they can turn it around at this stage of the game but they just keep on coming at us

In the game at Nebraska, we had a chance to actually win the game with a couple of breaks from the zebras or one/two threes falling late in the game

This is my favorite Hawkeye team alongside when JBo, Cordell, Ryan and Tyler were freshmen. Moss was a redshirt freshman and Nicholas Baer was a redshirt sophomore. Peter Jok was the only returning starter. Uthoff, Woodbury, Clemens and Mike Gesell had graduated. They came within a notoriously bad call at Minnesota that sent the game into 2 overtimes, from making The Dance that year, and came within an overtime loss to TCU by two points from a solid chance of winning the NIT.....

My favorite game that year was beating # 17 Purdue at Carver after they pounded us at West Lafayette by 22 points. Cordell and Kriener gave Haas all he could handle, taking him to the floor a few times.....

This team is Special and no matter how the season ends up, I will be watching fervently each and every game with Pride.....

:cool:

I’m enjoying this team in the moment. I don’t want to miss it by looking big picture or worrying about what’s going to happen next. It’s a good story right now.
This is exactly what I was going to say.

Live this day.
Tomorrow’s problems will take car of themselves. And most of them fall into a ditch before it reaches today.

Couple of famous guys said stuff like that.