Fleck postgame

He's an "idiot" that's shown he can rebuild a football program...twice...and he's going to be very wealthy as a result.
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's rebuilt it yet.

Fleck will need to rack up some more quality seasons before anyone can say he's un-capsized the boat.

Fortunes can turn around in a hurry, and the most important mark of a successful rebuild (in my opinion) is sustaining it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's rebuilt it yet.

Fleck will need to rack up some more quality seasons before anyone can say he's un-capsized the boat.

Fortunes can turn around in a hurry, and the most important mark of a successful rebuild (in my opinion) is sustaining it.

True. But the trajectory is undeniable. You don't just fall into a 10 win season in year 3.

On a related note, my buddies have tickets behind the visitor's bench. They've been there since Hayden and I've sat with them a number of times. They always say that you can tell a lot about a team and their coaching by how they handle themselves on the sidelines at Kinnick. Some turn around and are easily distracted by comments, etc...others retain their focus. (occasionally a guy will turn and smile like "that was a good one") You can also see and hear a lot of the interactions and chat in the bench area. (spoiler alert, some of the biggest tool teams are Nebraska, Illinois, and ISU)

Minnesota handled themselves as well as any team in recent memory. Like Fleck or not, his team plays for him and they are organized and disciplined. That's the take from IOWA fans who get to see every team up close.

I still think Belton screwed up. He had enough time to react and adjust. He could have easily let it be known how he could have easily blown him up.

Next time if Belton or another player has their head up and sees the ball hit the ground they need to pull their body up and to the side and put up their hands to show they are trying to AVOID contact.

And there was a lot of flopping on that play if you look at it several times.

I'm going from the perspective that they both tell their players to fake injuries. I think they are both liars and are unethical.

still not much of a comparison. What...we've seen one instance where it might have happened? BTW, Morgan is in concussion protocol and Fleck didn't rush him back into the game for the final play...so what did they have to gain? a few seconds on the clock?

If it becomes a pattern yeah. But it's nothing remotely like what we've seen from MSU.

True. But the trajectory is undeniable. You don't just fall into a 10 win season in year 3.

On a related note, my buddies have tickets behind the visitor's bench. They've been there since Hayden and I've sat with them a number of times. They always say that you can tell a lot about a team and their coaching by how they handle themselves on the sidelines at Kinnick. Some turn around and are easily distracted by comments, etc...others retain their focus. (occasionally a guy will turn and smile like "that was a good one") You can also see and hear a lot of the interactions and chat in the bench area. (spoiler alert, some of the biggest tool teams are Nebraska, Illinois, and ISU)

Minnesota handled themselves as well as any team in recent memory. Like Fleck or not, his team plays for him and they are organized and disciplined. That's the take from IOWA fans who get to see every team up close.
I try to take a kid or my dad to a game once a year on the visitors sideline within the first 2-3 rows and this is one of the reasons (within monetary sanity).

I have had only a couple of instances where the opponents paid any attention to the fans.

OL from Florida Atlantic holding Claiborne on about every play and getting 3-4 flags. We were riding him hard and he took a couple of steps in our direction and then reversed course.

Michigan players in the Sub-Zero game were “shushing” us in the first half. Their fans were very loud so I’m sure that helped give them courage.

No doubt in my mind that visiting stadiums/fans are in the back of Fitz’s head. They’ve had a skinny cheer squad dressed up as football players and their strength coach leading the cheers and acting all goofy so that Kinnick fans’ attention was on them and not players that were on the field. It worked. And that’s the only game I’ve gone to that close to the field that we lost. And it sucked. Because all the NW players did a 180.

I “hate” NW