Bowl projections

Did UMscum’s beat-down today screw things up for us? At No. 4, they were shoo-in for CFP. But now they’re out of contention and tOSU not guaranteed to take that slot, so potentially pushing lower ranked B1G teams further down the bowl ladder.

Did UMscum’s beat-down today screw things up for us? At No. 4, they were shoo-in for CFP. But now they’re out of contention and tOSU not guaranteed to take that slot, so potentially pushing lower ranked B1G teams further down the bowl ladder.

Assuming Ohio State beats NW they will be on the edge of playoff contention. I still think Michigan gets a Big 6 bowl so really they've just swapped landing spots more or less.

What’s the diff? KF & Staff got their bonuses. Everyone is gonna improve next season. Hock and Fant won’t be missed cuz Stanley is gonna really focus on getting better. All is right with the rubes in Hawkeye Nation.

Washington State losing means the PAC-12 will send the winner of Wash-Utah CCG game to the Rose, and WSU probably will slide to the Fiesta, which is where many were speculating PSU was going. Now I am guessing PSU will slide to the Citrus.

I am guessing OSU and Mich will still get access bowl spots. Of course, if NW can upset OSU, then NW will go to the Rose, but for the sake of discussion, let's just assume that OSU will beat NW in the CCG.

Big Ten Bowl teams and where I think they are going
OSU - Cotton CFP semi-final
Mich - Rose
PSU - Citrus
NW - outback
Iowa - Holiday
Wisc - Gator
Purdue - Pinnstripe
MSU - Redbox
Minn - Quickline

My guess is that Wisky is going to the Pinstripe. They need an excuse to send different teams there to fulfill the contract, and that fanbase isn't traveling anywhere this year. Might as well rip the band-aid off.

This ^

A B1G team not making the playoffs hurts us. Basically, everyone moves down a notch. Wisconsin losing definitely helps, especially getting dominated by a bottom-dweller. As it stands, it looks like the Holiday.

As much as I hate to say it, we need OSU to get into the playoffs, but, it's not looking good. It will need to dominate NW and get some help for it to happen.

Washington State losing means the PAC-12 will send the winner of Wash-Utah CCG game to the Rose, and WSU probably will slide to the Fiesta, which is where many were speculating PSU was going. Now I am guessing PSU will slide to the Citrus.

I am guessing OSU and Mich will still get access bowl spots. Of course, if NW can upset OSU, then NW will go to the Rose, but for the sake of discussion, let's just assume that OSU will beat NW in the CCG.

Big Ten Bowl teams and where I think they are going
OSU - Cotton CFP semi-final
Mich - Rose
PSU - Citrus
NW - outback
Iowa - Holiday
Wisc - Gator
Purdue - Pinnstripe
MSU - Redbox
Minn - Quickline
FWIW, Jerry Palm from CBS has Iowa in the Redbox Bowl and that's WITH OSU in the CFP. College Football News has Iowa in the Holliday.

FWIW, Jerry Palm from CBS has Iowa in the Redbox Bowl and that's WITH OSU in the CFP. College Football News has Iowa in the Holliday.

I am a little surprised Jerry Palm still has MSU in the outback, which pushed NW to the Holiday and Iowa to the redbox.

MSU is 7-5, 5-4 and just lost to Nebraska. Thought for sure MSU would get pushed lower in the pecking order.

I am a little surprised Jerry Palm still has MSU in the outback, which pushed NW to the Holiday and Iowa to the redbox.

MSU is 7-5, 5-4 and just lost to Nebraska. Thought for sure MSU would get pushed lower in the pecking order.
They absolutely should be pushed lower, unless it's a name recognition thing. They're really not very good.

Sign me up for the Holiday Bowl against the loser of the Pac 12 title game(Washington/Utah). Let NW and PSU deal with Florida and LSU in Florida.

Looking at the PAC, any chance Iowa gets Eno in the Holiday Bowl? How much would that suck for Kirk? Watch him go for 150 with a chip on his shoulder.

I think if Iowa gets the Holiday Bowl they would end up with Oregon. But, just a thought.

Latest posts