Nebraska's Fanbase

QuadCityHawkeye

I've always heard how delusional they are but I actually got to experience it on Twitter yesterday. Holy cow, what a fragile fan base that is 100% cult like. Some dope posted a 1999 video of Crouch trucking an Iowa defender and I responded by stating how many head coaches Nebraska has had since then. The responses were comical and Bug Eater fans all rallied around each response. "I'd rather have 10 different head coaches then accept mediocrity the way Iowa has" was the main response.

I hope we hang 60 on Nebraska and don't look back. Their fanbase is right there with Iowa State and Illinois in terms of blind stupidity.

They're right about Iowa fans, or at least the big money boosters and the AD, accepting mediocrity.

But yes Nebraska fans are delusional. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They better pray Frost can turn it around because they're never going to get a better coach who will actually stay there.

Same with Iowa and Brian Ferentz. Both programs could find better coaches. ISU has. But who could either program find that will actually stay there and view it as their destination job like Fitz views Northwestern?

I've always heard how delusional they are but I actually got to experience it on Twitter yesterday. Holy cow, what a fragile fan base that is 100% cult like. Some dope posted a 1999 video of Crouch trucking an Iowa defender and I responded by stating how many head coaches Nebraska has had since then. The responses were comical and Bug Eater fans all rallied around each response. "I'd rather have 10 different head coaches then accept mediocrity the way Iowa has" was the main response.

I hope we hang 60 on Nebraska and don't look back. Their fanbase is right there with Iowa State and Illinois in terms of blind stupidity.

I find that so ironic being that they've been below mediocre the past few years. Not saying they can't turn it around, but they really need to accept the present if they're going to live in the past.

I prefer our mediocrity to theirs. Last 5 seasons...

Iowa
7-6
12-2
8-5
8-5
7-4...

42-22

Nebraska
9-4
6-7
9-4
4-8
4-7...

32-30

Nebraska's biggest problem has been their own ego. Pelini won at least 9 games every season...and they canned him. Solich won 9+ games every season...and they canned him. The guys they hired after them, Callahan and Riley, were failures. If history holds Frost will do well...and they will can him.

It must be an old Big 8 thing. isu and neb fans, at least around my part of the state, strut around with their chests puffed out and cover their vehicles with stickers and banners acting like they are some kind of football force to be reckoned with. No matter how many times in a row Iowa defeats them. And in neb's case, not just defeats but destroys them.
They still swear they are the superior program. I get supporting your team, but my gawd people, have a little perspective.:rolleyes:

Iowa
7-6
12-2
8-5
8-5
7-4...

42-22

Nebraska
9-4
6-7
9-4
4-8
4-7...

32-30

Nebraska's biggest problem has been their own ego. Pelini won at least 9 games every season...and they canned him. Solich won 9+ games every season...and they canned him. The guys they hired after them, Callahan and Riley, were failures. If history holds Frost will do well...and they will can him.

the iowa fan base accepting mediocrity would be described as a 7-4 season where we could/should be 11-0 but there's no serious/real/actual heat on the HC because he's a nice guy. countless seasons like that in the last 20.

Iowa
7-6
12-2
8-5
8-5
7-4...

42-22

Nebraska
9-4
6-7
9-4
4-8
4-7...

32-30

Here's the thing...Even when Pelini was winning 9 games, they were getting absolutely annihilated by the good teams. Wisky hung 70 on them in the B10 Championship. Say what you will about Iowa's mediocrity, but I'd rather watch Iowa any day of the week and always be assured you are in the game and not getting your ass completely kicked in by Wisky, OSU, or Michigan State. Those programs respect Iowa.

That is both fascinating and hilarious to read. So pretty much like I said above. "Yeah they've beaten us 4 of the last 5 years by an average of 21pts a game, but we're still the better program."

Cult followers.

What gets me is they (there are a few) who just can't even admit their team just isn't very good on any given year (and they have had enough of them).
No other program is so arrogant.
Wisconsin, MSU, they both admit it. When we aren't, we admit it.
It reminds me of the movie white men can't jump.
So yeah it would be great for us to absolutely pound them again.
They wonder why they don't fit in the b10 and it's because they think not only do they deserve to be at the top (based on the 90's) but because they think they belong there every year. No matter the record or how bad they are.

nebraska%20football.jpg

Right... the Hawks are ALWAYS in the game...

2015 STAN 45-16
2016 PSU 41-14, FLA 30-3
2017 WIS 38-14

So you meant "always... except when they're not"?

To correct, they were actually in the Florida and Wisconsin games into the third quarter before the wheels came off.

F-Nebby and their annoying, Kool-aid swigging, Osbourne-worshipping, stuck in the 90's lunatic fans.
Don't just Beat 'em - EMASCULATE THEM!
Don't just crush 'em - STOMP ON THEIR F-ing THROATS!
Just like last week, hoping for a 50-pt woodshed beatdown, Hayden-style!

To correct, they were actually in the Florida and Wisconsin games into the third quarter before the wheels came off.
Not in the Wisconsin game. 66 yards of total offense. The 2 INT/TDs by JJ totaled more yards than our offense did. No. I don't see how anyone that watched that game can feel like we were "in it". That was a beating. And an embarrassment.

Actually, in person, their fans are pretty great. I've had great experiences going to this game in Lincoln and interacting with the Husker fans that come to Iowa City.

But man, that online portion of the fan base........that is an insuffrable bunch.

Latest posts