Imagine you are an illinois fan

mrolympia

Stop laughing damn it! There, assuming they actually have one how disgusted are you that they need to win their final 2 games to make it to a bowl and this is the effort they come out with, literally one of the worst games in program history.

Stop laughing damn it! There, assuming they actually have one how disgusted are you that they need to win their final 2 games to make it to a bowl and this is the effort they come out with, literally one of the worst games in program history.

It was actually the worst beating in program history.

And that's saying something, because they've taken some hellacious beatdowns, including several at the blood-soaked hands of Iowa.

Last edited:
They do. It's totally nondescript. Zero character, zero atmosphere. Even Rutgers' is better, and it's a total shithole.

I disagree. Their band is quite good and the turf with a filled stadium is impressive. They dont fill it. The new Box is top dog. However to make room they lost seats. The ends are redone. The student section is fun when they come. The students are too far away though. Lighting is terrific. It is a wind tunnel.

It's amazing how bad they suck considering they have one of the better recruiting bases in the Midwest

Everyone has been saying that for years. You can throw the basketball program in that mix as well. If I had a dollar every time someone said "if they find the right guy" I would be a rich man today. Their administration must really suck at finding the "right guy".

It's amazing how bad they suck considering they have one of the better recruiting bases in the Midwest

For the past couple of decades Notre Dame, Iowa, and Northwestern are hoovering the Chiraq talent before Illannoy gets a whiff.

For the past couple of decades Notre Dame, Iowa, and Northwestern are hoovering the Chiraq talent before Illannoy gets a whiff.
Mike White was able to mask the recruiting decline for a while with his California connections.

Interesting how their Chicago Public league pipeline dried up about the time Jimmy Collins left. They still had some on that 2005 final four team but guys they got in the eighties would go to Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina or Duke today.

I actually kind of feel bad for their fans. It used to be that they had a really good basketball program so similar to Indiana it wasn't a big deal to be bad in football because they could look forward to basketball. Illinois hasn't had a good basketball team in years though. I think it's been like 5 or 6 years since they made the NCAA tournament.

Mike White was able to mask the recruiting decline for a while with his California connections.

Interesting how their Chicago Public league pipeline dried up about the time Jimmy Collins left. They still had some on that 2005 final four team but guys they got in the eighties would go to Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina or Duke today.
They did pretty good when Bill Self was there. They just need a great coach. They likely have financial problems as there football program has been poor for quite some time, and as everyone knows, football pays the bills. The State of Illinois is a financial mess so they won't likely get much help from the state. They have real problems. Self used them as a stepping stone to Kansas. Perhaps another good up and coming coach will as well. It should be easy for them to recruit Chicago.