Fant and B Smith

clim3

sure missed them. Was Smith hurt ? Comments about wanting to play by render and others. Fant pulling himself thinking about nfl? What the hell gives.

This explains explains a lot. We are a much much worse team without Fant, Hockenson, and B Smith in the game.

I did the stats for the entire PSU game just to see what the hell was going on. For that game, Stanley was 16/32 for 193 yards, 6.03 ypa, when Fant, Hockenson and B. Smith in the game (also including any 2 TEs and Smith). That's not good but not that bad.

All other times, when some combination of Easley, ISM and Groeneweg were in at the same time, sometimes all three, Stanley was 2/17 for 12 yards and less than 1 yard per attempt. When we have multiple undersized WRs we’re terrible and there aren’t any targets for Stanley. It’s amazing how teams like ISU and Purdue have 10 times better WRs.

I did the stats for the entire PSU game just to see what the hell was going on. For that game, Stanley was 16/32 for 193 yards, 6.03 ypa, when Fant, Hockenson and B. Smith in the game (also including any 2 TEs and Smith). That's not good but not that bad.

All other times, when some combination of Easley, ISM and Groeneweg were in at the same time, sometimes all three, Stanley was 2/17 for 12 yards and less than 1 yard per attempt. When we have multiple undersized WRs we’re terrible and there aren’t any targets for Stanley. It’s amazing how teams like ISU and Purdue have 10 times better WRs.

A guy like Groeneweg or Max Cooper wouldn't make the practice squad at Iowa State.

A guy like Groeneweg or Max Cooper wouldn't make the practice squad at Iowa State.
Other than maybe B Smith, I don’t think we have another WR that would start for a BIG team. Yet somehow we think we can afford to have Fant on the bench.

Fant behind Hocks sounds like a Kirk move, not a Brian move.

Brian, coming from the Belicihick system, knows the value of two tight ends in the game.

Maybe Cooper had a good week of practice or something.

Brian, coming from the Belicihick system, knows the value of two tight ends in the game.

To me, the fade to Cooper prooves that they are not playing Fant because of a coaching decision, and that Stanley is not throwing to him when open because of a coaching decision. If he is willing to throw the ball to Max Cooper, he should be willing to throw to Fant.

To me, the fade to Cooper prooves that they are not playing Fant because of a coaching decision, and that Stanley is not throwing to him when open because of a coaching decision. If he is willing to throw the ball to Max Cooper, he should be willing to throw to Fant.

I think it’s just a complete lack of awareness by Stanley, nothing more.

Having spent time under the Belichick system would normally make your comment 100% true...if it were anyone else but Brian "Pass the Exlax" Ferentz.
It doesn't hold water when you've got Ferentz blood in your veins and all you're doing is keeping Dad happy long enough until you are given (through blatant nepotism) the next HCFL spot (Head Coach for Life) and snag some easy Barta-buck$ and be set for life.

According to Kirk, Hock and Fant can't play at the same time... :rolleyes:
Kudos to Dochterman once again asking the tough questions.

Latest posts