early signing hurt or help hawks

clim3

as I see it the early signing might help us get some guys tied up early but given the swing of Ben to mich and the rush on our lb recruits by whisky and others maybe we just won't get hosed and can work option b plans until feb 9. What opinions do you guys have. I'd guess for teams in big bowl games it's tough to do recruiting and bowl prep.

Its good for schools like Iowa right now. I think in the near future teams like Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State will adjust their methods and it won't end up mattering at all, but for now I think it helps.

Obviously helps so far. Get the guys who we have locked down secured. Now we can review and spend time with others that we want without fear that someone will sneak in a steal one of the guys we thought were a lock.

agree with all. Vansumeren is a good example. so, last year, he would have been a verbal (perhaps) all the way up to NSD. then, we'd lose out and have to scramble. now we know before christmas that we need to re-target that position. works in reverse, also. OSU beavers now have 6 weeks to get a qb. its just a smart thing for the ncaa to do. works well in hoops, don't see why it won't in football.

Next year, kids can start taking official visits in the spring, which is long overdue. I think that, coupled with the early signing day, helps the non-blue bloods.

Next year, kids can start taking official visits in the spring, which is long overdue. I think that, coupled with the early signing day, helps the non-blue bloods.

i wasn't aware of this part. yeah, that has been a kirk ask for some time, i believe. this will help iowa.

It most certainly helps the Iowa's of the NCAA. It'll be interesting to see the next few years how it goes as far as how many kids wait till 2nd window to sign. And not just how many but how many of the top ranked ones. That's the X factor that could really swing one way or the other year to year. It's just a kid to kid thing. But having it setup this way only helps us I would think