Oliver Martin update

"Went really well" sounds like they weren't swooned. I have on the loosest of authority via 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon that there is distention in the Martin household. It is rumored the Mom and Dad are really in ND's corner. Catholic, tradition, prestige and academics. Oliver however likes Iowa but is uncertain. There are a couple "red flags". This was apparently the early picture. Then so many options started pouring in and it was back to the drawing board. Now the decision is crippling. Being torn between childhood dreams of playing in that stadium down the street for a team you have loved and rooted for or going where your parents want you to go. Not to mention all the other places and programs that are available now.
This is the story of a sister in law of a spouse of an Iowa City High School teacher gleamed from kids supposedly in Oliver's social circle. So basically garbage gossip, but damn it makes perfect sense.

I could never "want" my kid to leave state.
I no longer live in the state of Iowa, so I am all for my kids someday leaving the state. I am just not thrilled with the idea of out of state tuition. I think there should be an alumni clause so kids of alumni get instate tuition.

At least the drama on OM and him not coming to Iowa will be over Wednesday.

You aren't new to here. Do you really think this "decision drama" will end Wednesday if he picks another school besides Iowa? Sure his decision will be over, but there is a segment of this board that would never let that be forgotten or "be over".

You aren't new to here. Do you really think this "decision drama" will end Wednesday if he picks another school besides Iowa? Sure his decision will be over, but there is a segment of this board that would never let that be forgotten or "be over".
The name Arrington is still thrown around here from time to time. Martin is one that would never go away.

Maybe... nothing says he has to commit on that day.

Ugh. I hadn't even thought about that possibility. If there ever was someone who would seem likely to make his commitment after recruitment day, it could be Oliver Martin. Does he still have an official visit he could take?