Do you start Cook?

Do you start Cook @ Purdue?

• Yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
I voted no.

I think it sends the wrong message to the team that has put together a nice little streak. I think you bring him off the bench and see if he can provide a spark. Our chances of winning at Mackey are very low to begin with. Then I'd have Cook return to the starting lineup for the Michigan game.

Where this theory gets interesting is if we played really well and beat Purdue. Then you'd almost be forced to keep him on the bench.

Note: I do think Fran already has said he will return to the starting lineup when healthy.

No.... too much momentum with current lineup and the defense has improved . Have him come off the bench with Baer.

JB, Moss, Wagner, Pemsl, Jok start...Cook, Baer first in.

Iowa can beat Purdue...if they make free throws...keep the pace uptempo...force their game...

Iowa can beat Purdue...if they make free throws...keep the pace uptempo...force their game...

Can we beat Purdue? I suppose anything is possible, but I think our chances in this one are very slim. I'd give Iowa probably a 5-10% chance in this one.

Purdue has two monsters down low, good 3pt shooters, and they have improved their guard play from a year ago. Currently they sit at #12 in KenPom.

I think a Virginia type beat down is just as probable as an Iowa win.

If he is healthy no question you start him. He is by far our most talented post player.

Those of you that think we are on a roll without him keep in mind our best win during this stretch was beating an over rated Clown team in CHA.

This question is why I wish he would have played some during last weeks games. Knock some rust off, see how the team reacts to him, get him used to the new defensive approach etc. even if it were partial minutes would have given you an idea before important games start. Not a fan of this decision by Fran

If he is healthy no question you start him. He is by far our most talented post player.

Those of you that think we are on a roll without him keep in mind our best win during this stretch was beating an over rated Clown team in CHA.

Since Wagner was inserted in the starting lineup we are 5-0 and are holding teams to an average of 61.6 PPG. That includes wins over ISU, UNI, & a decent North Dakota team. If you can't see that something is clicking right now my guess is you didn't watch much of this team earlier in the year.

JB, Moss, Wagner, Pemsl, Jok start...Cook, Baer first in.

That's a huge two letter word there. It depends on who's shooting them. I have no faith in Wagner or Pemsl shooting them well the rest of this year they seem to be who they are there for now.... Other schools know that and I bet Pemsl especially teams would rather have shooting free throws then getting baskets around the rim

I don't think us being on a roll changes with whether Cook starts, comes off the bench, or doesn't play at all. If he plays bad defense, he will get yanked fast. If he plays tough defense, he will make our team better so he will need as many minutes as possible. The best way to do that is to start him.

As far as starting Cook goes I don't think it matters a ton. I bet Fran starts him and we'll see how it goes. If he looks rusty as all get out then take him out after a few mins. I'd have no problem with it either way. It's all about how well does he do when he gets in there. The sooner he's back to him rim breaking self the better. This team seems to have a bunch of interchangeable guys so who 'starts' doesn't make a ton of difference so much as whomever is playing the best gets the most mins.

I would guess that Pemsl and Wagner will do much better at the FT line for the remainder of the year...their strokes aren't hideous...and it is tough to be as bad as they have been by percentage for an extended period of time.

Iowa is playing much better defense...a drastic change...no matter the competition.

Changes? Cook out, Williams out, Uhl out...more JB, Wagner, Pemsl, Moss...

With some talent available...dole out playing time based on defensive effort, boxing out, rebounding...

I am not sure what the betting line is...but I would take points and take Iowa.

All that said...it is nice to have a talent like Cook in the fold...hope he keeps healthy and has a good attitude.

Absolutely you start him. You start both Pemsl and Cook and attack/feed the post early and often. Get their bigs in foul trouble and take away their advantage. If Iowa settles for jump shots early they will most likely lose.

It will be many of the young guys' first big ten road game. It'll be fun to see how they respond to probably the most hostile environment they have ever played in. I can't wait to watch the game.

Since Wagner was inserted in the starting lineup we are 5-0 and are holding teams to an average of 61.6 PPG. That includes wins over ISU, UNI, & a decent North Dakota team. If you can't see that something is clicking right now my guess is you didn't watch much of this team earlier in the year.

Cook > Wagner and it isn't even close. North Dakota is not "decent".

Defensively they are playing better and I'm sure Cook can fit right in with the adjustments the coaching staff has made.

North Dakota is bad

Cook > Wagner and it isn't even close. North Dakota is not "decent".

Defensively they are playing better and I'm sure Cook can fit right in with the adjustments the coaching staff has made.

I totally agree that Cook is better than Wagner. I think he will return to the starting lineup within the next couple games. Offensively he is going to relieve some pressure from Jok. I'm confident his defense will improve as well.

I guess my point about North Dakota was they are much better than some of the other cream puffs we played this year outside of Omaha.