Gopher game predictions

Score in regulation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NCHawker

Well last week was it was 'close but no cigar’. Nobody picked the score much less Iowa’s 31 points. So STILLBUSTER , a Well-Known Member, earned a pack of smokes for saying “ Hawks 34 - Fightin' Fitzgees 24 “ Smoke’m up Johnny !

Now its on to Minnesota, who hates Iowa. Vegas has Iowa as a favorite on the road. We want to know what they're smoking !

lebowski.gif

So boys, let's hit the road to Kinnick North ! Pick the score of this smoking hot game at TCF Bank Stadium.

Hawkeys get back on the right track and Win 24-23

get-back-on-the-right-track-o.gif

Besides, they've had a chance to win each game, why not catch a break or two while eliminating 1/2 their mistakes?

The Pig means WAY more to the Goofs than to Iowa. Probably cause they have had it so little in the last 30-35 years. They will be motivated on Sat....Iowa has to find some motivation somehow.

I guarantee you one thing, if Parker has Iowa schemed on D the way they did with MN last year, it ain't gonna be pretty. You gotta take Leidner and kick his can around and if you do, he'll make mistakes that you can take advantage of. However if he just sits back there, or is allowed to run QB draws at will, bad things man.

MN isn't really talented but they do hit you. Can Iowa hit back? IDK.....

Stanley comes in and erases a 10 Point deficit and Iowa wins 35 -17. Stanley's dad pleads for K F to resign in a post game interview on W C C U s Dallas branch office. K F says to Ed P...thats football and K F announces his retirement at the end of the season. Barta ries to hire B F but there isn't enough money left to pay B F and his agent. Barta promptly resigns and Jim Harbaugh being impressed with Iowa quarterbacks becomes the Volunteer coach and A D. The saved money goes to new posh dorms for players. Iowa in 2018-2013 is the repeat National Champion. Cow herd says he really respects Iowa and K F s creativeness along with J Lehman on the network.

Given that Iowa is perfecting the 3 and out offensive play book, Mitch should have ample opportunity to move the ball. And with no one for Iowa stopping the rush up the middle, the play action pass will be wide open. With no pass rush to speak of means Mitch Leidner has all day to pick and choose his receivers.
Or Iowa rights the ship. Grinds out a 13-10 game.

But my gut says, 27-10 Minnesota.

24-6 Minnesota

Lackluster game by a lackluster coach .....no heart and no guts....no real will to win....

I put the over/under on the "Fire KF" or "Fire Barta" threads at 5 on Monday morning.

38-20 goofs.

I couldn't help myself. Because of all the Goofer comments I finally went to an opponents forum. The thread was, "Say Something Nice About Iowa". The usual stuff, some funny. Then there was this one.

"I'm jealous of their coach and tradition over the last fifteen years."