When is Drew Ott red shirt announcement?

Right now if Drew has any hope of coming back, he can't hire an agent. Agents have been spending the last month and a half talking up their players to NFL coaches and GMs. They have also been working with their clients prepping them for the interviews. Drew is missing out on all of this.

Drew can participate in the interviews and still stay eligible as long as he doesn't hire an agent or accept anything from teams or companies.

An argument could be made that he could sue for loss of potential earnings. But I just don't see Drew doing that.

Beat me to it. Great minds Gester...great minds....

So does that mean the Big 10 denied him or they couldn't decide either way?

I think but not certain it means they denied him. Total BS it took this long to get it passed to the NCAA. At least we know the NCAA will do what's best for the student athlete

Can't hire an agent...that's a huge deal. There is no logic in the decision taking this long, either way. It's BS, regardless of the decision.

That said. Ott won't probably sue. Hell just appeal, rehab. And farm back in nebraska...cause that's the guy he is....and why it's huge if we can get him back, even for half a year.

With the rookie wage scale agents have become irrelevant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...need-to-know-about-the-nfls-rookie-wage-scale

If that is true, concerning agents, why is the agent market still as strong.

Still, massive BS by the B1G to take this long. Simply no good reason, regardless of the decision.

NFL players make their money on the second contract. Plus, Ott did attend the combine. Ott appeared at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this past week to interview with teams, but he didn’t participate in physical drills as he recovers from reconstructive left elbow surgery and right knee surgery after tearing his ACL Oct. 10 vs. Illinois.

B1G approved Ott's case for an additional year. Just going to the NCAA now to get

[Tweet]704431899389767680[/Tweet]

[tweet]704458660928327680[/tweet]

Cca9agoUcAAiZEI.jpg:large

They are definitely not irrelevant. The agents can talk up their players and also train their players on what to expect from the combine, how to answer questions, etc. The agents represent the player before/during/after the combine so keeps that player fresh in the minds of the various teams.

I think agents are snakes, but they are far from irrelevant.

If it's that simple of the 30% rule, why the hell does it take 3 weeks? Its straight BS.

It is taking this long because Ott WOULD NOT qualify for an extra year if they followed the absolute letter of the rules. That is what is taking so long, is this would go outside of the rules, and that is why it is more difficult than most cases.

It is taking this long because Ott WOULD NOT qualify for an extra year if they followed the absolute letter of the rules. That is what is taking so long, is this would go outside of the rules, and that is why it is more difficult than most cases.

Dean, I understand this is outside of the rules but c'mon, 3 weeks to pass this along to the NCAA's?

I think but not certain it means they denied him. Total BS it took this long to get it passed to the NCAA. At least we know the NCAA will do what's best for the student athlete

Uhh, dude, my brother works for the NCAA. Real offensive! In fact, I'm going to yell downstairs to let him know what you said as soon as our Mom leaves in the morning

Latest posts