coroners report/ Sash

damnfinn

The Iowa State Medical Examiners Office has released the autopsy results for Tyler Sash. "Accidental mixed drug toxicity" of methadone and hydrocodone .

Sad sad sad

As a pharmacist, I can indeed comment on how potentially life-threatening that is.

Both act as respiratory depressants....mixed together, double the effect. Both are C-II's...the most highly regulated anti-pain meds on the market.

Toss in booze and it's very lethal.

So I wonder if you have prescriptions and the amount is reasonable if that's what leads them to say it was accidental? No prescription, large amounts, suicide note, etc. would be indicators of intentional? Just curious about how the accidental term can be known and used versus s suicide attempt.

So I wonder if you have prescriptions and the amount is reasonable if that's what leads them to say it was accidental? No prescription, large amounts, suicide note, etc. would be indicators of intentional? Just curious about how the accidental term can be known and used versus s suicide attempt.

If the substance is prescribed and used for a documented medical condition it's very difficult to characterize an overdose as intentional barring some kind of compelling evidence.

I would say it had a lot to do with how much they find in you. There would be a point where there was so much in you it couldn't be accidental.

As a pharmacist, I can indeed comment on how potentially life-threatening that is.

Both act as respiratory depressants....mixed together, double the effect. Both are C-II's...the most highly regulated anti-pain meds on the market.

Toss in booze and it's very lethal.

you said it before i could. i'd be surprised if that weren't in the mix.

I think if there isn't substantial proof pointing to suicide, they always lean on the side of caution & say accidental, whether they completely know for sure or not. They don't want to label that if they are not completely sure, IMO.

To those who are taking one or both of those, be careful out there. As stated above can be a lethal mixture.

Just makes you wonder why he had methadone. I obviously know what it's prescribed for if prescribed. That stuff is deadly. I had a friend that was heavy into meth and never OD'd that I know of. He tried to get off of it and was using methadone and he died twice from it. The second time he stayed dead.

test are still being conducted to determine whether degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy was present from his many concussions. I also understand he had a recent shoulder dislocation and a history of chronic shoulder pain.

For everything they can accomplish these days, they still have a LLOOONG way to go in effectively treating and relieving pain.

That's right. That stuff is legal heroin. I'm wondering why his doc prescribed him both? Unless he got em on the streets, it's hard to imagine a circumstance where a doc would load him up on opiates like that....

How can they say accidental? Is there a way to know whether it was accidental versus intentional?

My wife's brother died from methadone at 26. Its crazy how often people accidentally die from that crap. Its a sad sad story.

Latest posts