Is Fran the answer?

ryno

Does Fran watch major college basketball? How can we have the worst guards in the country? Do we have any help coming? I have little faith in what i have seen so far. Convince me that better times are ahead.

I haven't seen anything to think he's the answer. We are in year 5 and this is the product on the floor? Obviously the rest of the season has to play out, but man, if the team should miss the tourney....yikes

Iowa is in much better shape now then it has been in the last decade. Iowa is the only team with two road wins over top 25 teams in the country. We knew this team would have issues shooting the ball on some nights. Losing to MSU sucks but there's a lot of B1G season left. I think Fran has a good group coming in and the future looks bright personally.

Iowa is in much better shape now then it has been in the last decade. Iowa is the only team with two road wins over top 25 teams in the country. We knew this team would have issues shooting the ball on some nights. Losing to MSU sucks but there's a lot of B1G season left. I think Fran has a good group coming in and the future looks bright personally.

I sure hope you are right because this is getting very old.

I sure hope you are right because this is getting very old.

This is how the season is going to go. Some nights will be tough to watch while others will be lights out wondering how we don't play that way all the time. With the B1G the way it is, ever game should be a battle as well. Iowa gets back to the tourney this year and I think we start hitting on some bigger name recruits.

Fran is an above avg coach in the top ranks of college ball. he has the resume.

But he cant friggin shoot the ball for these guys.

Alford? Are you watching as he dismantles the greatest college basketball school in history? He won a single ncaa tournament game. I'd like to see Fran get at least two more years.

There will be good days too.

This team needs to not let one performance effect the next, good or bad. Need to build mental toughness. Need to focus on improvement each game and have a goal of playing their best basketball at the end of the season.

The jury is still out.....but the half court offense is very, very, very head scratching. We go away from what works. Granted, MSU toughened up a bit and played tighter, but geez we were just launching up crap and not even looking to pass inside in the 2nd half most of the time during the MSU run.

And if I was Fran I would be telling whoever has Trice needs to stick to him like glue if you don't want to running stairs at Carver for the next practice. Can't let that punk be that wide open.

Better than Lick, on the court and overall a tad better than Alford, but not Mr. Davis or better level as of yet.

Fran got out-coached in the 2nd half.
When Izzo didn't call that TO in the 1st half, when almost 99% of coaches would, Izzo knew that his team was going to win the game.

Latest posts