If you could bring back one former Hawk, who would it be?

83Hawk

Banned
My first thought was Ronnie Lester. We need a good point guard...badly.

But on further reflection, I think I would go with Fred Brown. Our shooting woes would be over.

Chris Kingsbury. Need someone with a set of testicles that can shoot.
Chris Street would be tough to pass up, though.

Just in recent times...

Fran
1 Marble or Gatens
2 Cole or May

Licklighter
Bawinkle .... Best set shot 3 pointer I have ever seen. Guy was absolutely automatic from his spot. Could not play at all otherwise!

Too many others prior to the last 2 coaches.

Chris Street
Roy Marble
Tyler Smith
Kurt Looby
Greg Brunner
Jeff Horner
Tony Freeman ( What? He would done real well in Fran's team)
Val Barnes( I like him, good guy overall)
Roy Devyn Marble
Ryan Bowen
Fred Brown
Doug Thomas( loves his coast to coast in your house slam).
One of my favorite player my favorite guard is Jake Kelly. I love his slashing style. He would give us at least 10 points and 10 assists a game in Fran's system.
Justin Johnston
All of these players would have done better than this year team and would be stratching the surface of Final Four!
All of these players would grow so much under Fran's system!
I forget to add Maybe Coach's wife Marg could play, LOL!

Last edited:
Ronnie Lester, pre knee injury , could dribble through any team, 3 , 4, or 5 guys and lay it up, stop and pop, and dish it for three. I know because I saw him for 4 years.

I would take lester and hope when he dishes to our current wings they could hit a shot.

Ronnie Lester, pre knee injury , could dribble through any team, 3 , 4, or 5 guys and lay it up, stop and pop, and dish it for three. I know because I saw him for 4 years.

I would take lester and hope when he dishes to our current wings they could hit a shot.

I also saw him for four years.

That is why it was so tough to pick...for the reasons you laid out. But since our wings would miss, I went with Freddy. He would probably average over 30 points per game today.

Andre Woolridge.

Kent McCausland, Chris Kingsbury.

Yep, either Andre or BJ Armstrong. Plus Kent McCausland and/or Kingsbury. Great guard play and some outside shooting.

Can't disagree with Ronnie Lester but I'm too young to remember him, so based on guys I've seen in my lifetime, this sounds like a good start.

Also wouldn't mind having a Chris Street, Acie Earl, or Reggie Evans in the paint. Guys that get on the glass, score, block some shots, etc.

I think I am with Jon... This team needs 2 guards... The shooter and the PG who can finish.

So give me Andre and Kingsbury.

Force me to chose 1 and I'll go Andre.

Latest posts