Is Fran a good basketball coach?

Do you really think Fran can shoot for the guys that are supposed to be shooters?

Oh here we go. Clowns win and they come running over to HN to start their ******** trolling. STFU & GTFO

You have to have some skill to take this program from the crapfest that was the Lickliter era to a fringe NCAA team like they are now but God, I don't know if we're going to ever get beyond that again. WHY DID I HAVE TO GROW UP ON POST TOM DAVIS IOWA BASKETBALL!!!!!

I mean, his recruits are really well rated. Of course, then they become guys like Gesell and Jok and just aren't very good basketball players. But they're highly-rated!

No but don't you think the fact that everyone tries to pump fake instead of just catching and shooting is coached?
No I don't. The guys that can't shoot are the ones that do that so they don't have to shoot. And White does it so he can drive. Jok, Uthoff, Uhl, Clemons don't do it.

Hard worker, good eye for talent but not a great x and o guy.

The players he has don't seem to respond that well to his motivational style either.

Yep, we are really still maybe kind of looking for Mr. Davis's true successor, but I still think he is an upgrade from the other two failures. He really can't get an upgrade in his backcourt and a pure 3 point shooter fast enough.

Seeing 90 points put up on your home-court sucks, but then again it could always be 50-30. Both actually kind of suck, but I have a bit more hope putting up more points at this level.

I don't see how you can win in the overly physical world of college basketball with no half court offense. It's Fran's weakness and that's an area you can't struggle in if you want to win.

Yep, we are really still maybe kind of looking for Mr. Davis's true successor, but I still think he is an upgrade from the other two failures. He really can't get an upgrade in his backcourt and a pure 3 point shooter fast enough.

He's yet to show he's better than Alford in any way except for being a human being.

Guys don't develop well under him. That's the main problem.
Some have.
Nobody would be saying anything about developement if the guards would put the ball in the hole. During a game. They can't.

Iowa State has players that shoot the ball. I am sure that Fred knows how to coach a jump shot and Fran is clueless on how to coach a jump shot. It's not a coach-em-up problem.

You want to call it a recruiting problem? Sure, I'll agree with you.
But Fred recruits guys that can shoot and gets his balls busted for doing it.

Jok can shoot but he's not getting minutes because he can't play defense (allegedly). Defense you can coach up. You can't coach somebody to have confidence/scrotum to shoot the ball in the hole. Jok showed tonight why he should be playing; Iowa's half-court offense sucks. He would relieve some of that suckiness. The bigs can make up for any faults he has on defense until he can get up to speed.

Fran's fault is he keeps relying on MG and JO to come around. They won't. At best, sporadicly.

Not to mention he brings in the supposed point guard solution in TD, and he can't get off of the bench. If you bring in a transfer who can't play at all immediately, that's on the coach. Period.

Latest posts