Have we had a win prediction for basketball?

I think we're going to miss Marble far far more than most people realize.

Not convinced at all White/Utoff can together put the same points together in the same "take over the game" manner Devon did.

Jok might be able to eventually, but he'll be mercurial.

With that said. 10-8 and 20-11...upper bubble level.

I think this team is not going to be quite as good as last years teams. The thing is they don't have to be, they just have to be slightly better at the end of the game, and not have an epic end of the season collapse.

10-3 non con
10-8 conference
1-1 in BTT

21-12 with a 8/9/10 seed

Being upper half in the B1G and having a great non con schedule and RPI will keep them slightly inside the bubble.

I think we will know more when we play North Dakota State 11/20. I believed they're Conference Champions from last year.
Maybe I'm wrong but we have few tough games coming up shortly.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't posted yet. Spent the day in Iowa City today getting tests done. My prediction is 21-9 based on pre BIG tournament and not advancing in any other tournament. I think we'll split with the top teams this year. I am willing to adjust this higher if we take off and play well early. I don't think we'll be at less than 20 this year. Praying things all come together this year.

Doc: Good post. Thumbs up, man! Hope your tests came out good, too.

I have a feeling this team will be MORE of a team, than last year. Thus, more
Wins in close games.

22 wins. Those will be before a nice run in the NC2A tourney.
GO HAWKS

I think this team is not going to be quite as good as last years teams. The thing is they don't have to be, they just have to be slightly better at the end of the game, and not have an epic end of the season collapse.

10-3 non con
10-8 conference
1-1 in BTT

21-12 with a 8/9/10 seed

Being upper half in the B1G and having a great non con schedule and RPI will keep them slightly inside the bubble.

Right on, Dean. I think the makeup of the B1G will look similar to last year’s B12. Strong, consistent throughout, but lacking Final 4 caliber teams with the exception of Wisconsin.

Gonna be a LOT of close games this year. End of game improvement will be the difference between 18-13 and 23-8.

17 wins...NIT bound. Just don't see this team being any better than last year...and without Marble? Who at times was the ONLY offense Iowa had.

Our hawks never live up to expectations...in ANY sport. (Disclaimer: Football this year, and end of the basketball season has jaded/confirmed that to me)

My last screen name stopped working so had to create a new one (something wrong with the "vbulletin" Jon says). But just in time to get my prediction in (even tho it's the same as DeanVogs and Benddontbreak).

Non-con: 10-3
Big Ten: 10-8
BTT: 1-1
Overall: 21-12

Non-conference we need to win 2 of 3 against winner of Cal/Syracuse, ISU and UNI. I really don't like our chances against Texas or UNC. Texas has a ton of talent in their front court.

Big Ten play, I'm not drinking the Wolfgang kool-aid and picking 12 wins. I hope we can do a better job of protecting our home court. I think Illinois is underrated, while Minnesota and Nebraska are overrated. Wisconsin is seriously a top 5 team. Three teams I'm interested in seeing are Mich St, OSU and Maryland (MD has lots of young talent, prob can't cut it this year though).

OOC: 10-3
B1G: 10-8
BTT: 0-1

Only OOC win of consequence will be UNI, who I predict will win the Missouri Valley. I'm seeing close losses to UNC, Texas, and ISU. All of that and a first round loss in the BTT add up to NIT.

I think we're going to miss Marble far far more than most people realize.

Not convinced at all White/Utoff can together put the same points together in the same "take over the game" manner Devon did.

Jok might be able to eventually, but he'll be mercurial.

With that said. 10-8 and 20-11...upper bubble level.

I think quite the opposite happens. I think we see first hand how much I there was in RDM and we see a much better team on the court.. P

Latest posts