Ferentz Presser for 9/16

Thank you. I needed that.
This is what I don't get. It seems that Kurt is just a different person. He used to be a coach that could see a glaring weakness and adjust to compensate for it. Sure he was never confused for Chip Kelly, but he could change within the framework that made Iowa football what it was. He didn't just act like a stubborn old man that thinks because he has been around a while that he knows it all.
http://qctimes.com/sports/football/...cle_96f58482-f023-11de-af92-001cc4c002e0.html

And just for laughs, when I googled "Kirk Ferentz changes bowl prep after Orange Bowl" google corrected me with this:
Did you mean: kirk ferentz changes bowel prep after orange bowl

Why yes Google, maybe that would help.

Q. How involved are you in the game plan?
COACH FERENTZ: I spend more time in our offensive room. That's kind of where I hang out. They'll let me. So I'm totally in tune. Not like something is going on I'm not aware of.

Is there any doubt where the blame lies?

KF never throws anyone under the bus. Never. Thats probably a good thing.

He has also never said anything specific about anything in a press conference, ever. I'm not saying this is ever going to happen, but CJ could be the starter in an all-new Air Raid offense against Pitt, and you'd still never hear anything about it in a Ferentz presser beforehand.

People always read too much into these pressers. They've been the same whole lot of nothing for ten years or more. He's not going to say anything, admit anything, etc.

If changes are going to be made, we'll see them on Saturday.

It's hard to say this but that was better than I expected. For the most part, it was the usual pablum he feeds the press but when he got to speaking of GD, where did all that praise and exaltation come from? What are we to make of his comments, the offense is a train wreck but GD is worthy of nothing but praise? Is this KF-speak for never admitting his own failure(s)?

I don't know KF at all, other than through his public statements, but to me this looks like he's trying to buy more time for GD until he can turn the OC position over to BF. So what if he has to waste another season or two with mediocre results, as long as it allows him to work his long-term plan, that's good enough for him.

If I was GB, I would be asking KF what his plan is because there does not seem to be any sense of urgency to turn this season around. We probably should be 1-2 or 0-3 at this point, based on how we have played, yet there is no sense of concern in KF's mind, at least none is perceptible. In his way of looking at things, we are 2-1 and that's what matters, we're well on our way to another bowl appearance (6 wins is the goal, everything else is gravy).

I'm sorry but that does not do it for me. I watch Iowa football to be entertained and the current version is woefully lacking entertainment value. It's a poor, overpriced product at this stage and KF is doing essentially nothing to improve its appeal.

He has also never said anything specific about anything in a press conference, ever. I'm not saying this is ever going to happen, but CJ could be the starter in an all-new Air Raid offense against Pitt, and you'd still never hear anything about it in a Ferentz presser beforehand.

People always read too much into these pressers. They've been the same whole lot of nothing for ten years or more. He's not going to say anything, admit anything, etc.

If changes are going to be made, we'll see them on Saturday.

I don't think people would have a problem with the "whole lot of nothing" pressers if the games on Saturday weren't also a whole lot of nothing.
I don't think he is hiding anything, I actually think he is laying all his cards on the table, the problem is that he is playing UNO when everyone else is playing poker.

I don't think people would have a problem with the "whole lot of nothing" pressers if the games on Saturday weren't also a whole lot of nothing.
I don't think he is hiding anything, I actually think he is laying all his cards on the table, the problem is that he is playing UNO when everyone else is playing poker.
Hopefully someone hands him the reverse card and he thinks it means GD is calling one and he fires him.:D

I'm calling in tomorrow night.

Enough is enough.

ben-stiller-do-it-o.gif

I would just ask him if he understands why fans are frustrated with an offense that has been at the bottom half of college football the last 3 years. Clearly that can't just be "not getting things done" "or just need to keep working" To pretty much anybody that has ever watched the game of football before it seems pretty clear to be a system issue.

If the local press really wants the changes they're calling for, the best thing they could have done today is not show up. Thats one of the few things that would have gotten Barta's attention.

I'm calling in tomorrow night.

Enough is enough.
I need the details. I've never listened to the show. Please advise on time and station. Please post tomorrow if this is still the plan. I will pull off the golf course just to hear it.

I will start by saying Paul Rhoads is a goof, and I don't think he is a good football coach..........but........... the story is that Nealy, after fumbling multiple times, is told by the coach at halftime to be ready because they will need him in the 2nd half. If Nealy was on the Hawkshe wouldn't have scored the go ahead TD, he would be sat down for Paki Omeara and maybe play 2 weeks later.

Why is this so difficult????

Reporter- Why do you think you are ranked 70th in the country in scoring offense?
KF- Well we just aren't executing right now, need to keep working
Reporter- Coach last year you were ranked 78th and the year before that you were ranked 116th. Do you think it's more likely that things still need to be worked on or that it's a system issue?

Look I understand that KF is just going to dance around the issues and that reporters that have to cover the team on a daily basis don't want to ask the tough questions but it's F'ing belt high fast ball after belt high fast ball.

And for those freaking out about his comments on Greg Davis did you really think he was going to say that he sucks as a coach and his play calling has been horrible? Good luck finding the next OC when you are throwing your previous coaches under the bus.

We're paying for a new Cadillac and we've got an old Camry. Not flashy, doesn't impress anyone, stays on the road, gets passed a lot, not much changes, lasts forever. Kirk will drive it til it dies!