How Much is Marble Worth?

conn53victor

2nd-Round NBA Picks Who Found Ideal Situations
bleacherreport.com
I wondered about salary... "The next 30 picks, read by NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver, are in a far more precarious position. The collective bargaining agreement does not force teams to offer guaranteed money to second-round picks. While some at the top of the round are given partial guarantees, the remainder are living year-to-year or even week-to-week. They're in a constant state of proving themselves, being one questionable summer league game from seeing it all slip away."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1688735-nba-draft-2013-2nd-round-picks-who-found-ideal-situations

$300 a week plus per diem in the D-League would be my guess. Orlando already has three shooting guards, including Oldadipo, the second overall pick last year, and Doron Lamb, a guy making 2nd round money. We'll see if Marble's versatility is really up to snuff, but I have doubts he can play the NBA 3.

If I were him I would try to become a lock down defender. if you can do that you can stick on someones roster. Just think its his best shot

Oladipo played plenty of point guard last year, so he is a combo. They like combo guards. Devyn was going to have a real challenge making any roster in this league, but the Magic are as good a place as he could have landed for a shot.

Erik Murphy of Florida made the Bulls last year as a 2nd rounder, but was cut loose late in the season, so there are no guarantees for these 2nd rounders. Devyn is a long shot, but landing in Orlando will give him a legit shot anyway.

Oladipo played plenty of point guard last year, so he is a combo. They like combo guards. Devyn was going to have a real challenge making any roster in this league, but the Magic are as good a place as he could have landed for a shot.
That's just absurd. The Magic drafted a point guard and a shooting guard in the first round. They have two top 10 picks in the past two years at Marble's position. On top of that, they're not trying to save cap space, so they don't care about keeping on inexpensive players. It's not a good situation for him at all.

That's just absurd. The Magic drafted a point guard and a shooting guard in the first round. They have two top 10 picks in the past two years at Marble's position. On top of that, they're not trying to save cap space, so they don't care about keeping on inexpensive players. It's not a good situation for him at all.

Oladipo, Payton, and Marble are three very different types of guards. I think basically anyone would say that Marble is more NBA-ready on offense than Payton is right now. Yes, Orlando has quite a few young guards, but none of them are irreplaceable.

Oladipo, Payton, and Marble are three very different types of guards. I think basically anyone would say that Marble is more NBA-ready on offense than Payton is right now. Yes, Orlando has quite a few young guards, but none of them are irreplaceable.
The one with the non-guaranteed contract probably is.

The one with the non-guaranteed contract probably is.

If you want to mischaracterize my assessment of the situation to that extent, go ahead. That's clearly not what I was saying. All I'm saying is that I agree with the assertion that Marble has a better chance to make the team in Orlando than he would in other places.

If you want to mischaracterize my assessment of the situation to that extent, go ahead. That's clearly not what I was saying. All I'm saying is that I agree with the assertion that Marble has a better chance to make the team in Orlando than he would in other places.
And I'll I'm saying is that I disagree.

Its a very good situation for him, the Magic have several young guards but they also aren't serious contenders this year so they aren't looking to bring in proven vets. They just traded away Aflallo and have been rumored to be trying to dump Nelson as well. They traded for Marble, there's a reason they did that, to argue otherwise is just to be your usual contrarian self.

I will be honest I do not watch a lot of Magic basketball. In fact, I had to take a peak at the roster to see who was on it. i only recognized 3 or 4 names. The only thing I can say is that I like Marble chances considering Jacque Vaughn is the HC. Marble's biggest asset is he 6'6 and can play both guard spots. He is going to have to find a niche, on the ball defender, dribble drive guy, something he can excel at that will keep on a roster, keep him on that 2nd unit.

Its a very good situation for him, the Magic have several young guards but they also aren't serious contenders this year so they aren't looking to bring in proven vets. They just traded away Aflallo and have been rumored to be trying to dump Nelson as well. They traded for Marble, there's a reason they did that, to argue otherwise is just to be your usual contrarian self.
They didn't trade for Marble, Marble was a toss in at the end of the Aflallo trade, which also brought in Evan Fournier, who is is the exact same size as Marble, with pretty much the same skill set, but a couple years of experience and a cheap contract to boot. They didn't bite on the Nuggets offer because they were desperate to get their hands on Marble. The Magic also have like $30 million in cap space to work with, so chances are they will bring more experienced players in, will will leave less space for Marble, unless he wows people in summer league.

Marble's path to making the team in Orlando has gotten considerably easier in the past couple days. With the NBA Draft picks of Payton and Marble and the trade for Fornier, Orlando has now waived Jameer Nelson and declined to offer RFA E'Twan Moore.

I got answer to my original question. How Much is Marble Worth? $1.79/sq.ft. on sale at Menards.
http://www.menards.com/main/floorin...floor-or-wall-tile-12x12/p-126260-c-12515.htm

This should cover it quite nicely.....

PIRATE-TREASURE-CHEST-psd87219.png

:cool:

The Magic drafted forward Aaron Gordon, pg Payton and Marble.....who is the other guard? They released Doron Lamb, Jameer Nelson and Etwaun Moore today, and are expected to release anther guard possibly. That leaves Oladipo, Payton, Marble and one other holdover at guard. Maybe they go after a free agent, but are expected to pursue Chandler Parsons and have limited cap space. Give me a better team for Devyn to have a shot at making the roster. They are going ultra-young, and cheap payroll....that fits Devyn quite well.

Huh? Gordon is a PF...and the Magic are about to jettison Jameer Nelson.

Orlando could be the ideal spot for Dev, except Jacques Vaughan may well be the worst coach in the league and won't give him a chane or won't utilize him effectively.