Kyle Meyer transferring...now what?

logwood is a super athlete wing -- perfect for fran's system

he says he hasn't heard from pearl or any new auburn staff in two weeks -- so who knows?

There is NOTHING signaling any interest on Logwood from either side as of yet. He hasn't even asked out of his scholarship from Auburn and there is nothing indicating that he will. Just pure speculation with the coaching change is all that is. That's just Kakert throwing something on the wall and hoping it sticks.

Also, for some reason I'm just not sure I want any other kids on the roster out of Sioux City right now, although Ike IS very intriguing.

I was hoping that Kyle would be the second big man in 2015-17 along with Woody, but not happening now.

So, do we rush out and look for an extra big man, like Big Ike, and have him redshirt next year or look for immediate help for next year or bank it and use it in the 2015 class.

We will need a big man, but I am ok with a 2015 class of Toye, Hutton, Morrow, Boudreaux/Watson.

We do need Willie Atwood more than ever now, tho.

Meyer can't play at this level. Good for him and great for Iowa basketball.
If he's not replaced that means a shorter rotation, hurray!

logwood is a super athlete wing -- perfect for fran's system

he says he hasn't heard from pearl or any new auburn staff in two weeks -- so who knows?

Does this have anything to do with pearl still being under suspension. I don't think (could be wrong) he can talk to recruits.

This is disappointing. I was expecting him to jump up into the rotation next year and be a major contributor.

Does this have anything to do with pearl still being under suspension. I don't think (could be wrong) he can talk to recruits.

pearl can't have contact, but his new staff can

iasports guy is right -- kakert speculation. iowa cannot contact a kid who has signed a loi, and logwood can't express any interest until released.

does make a guy wonder why peal hasn't got his assistants (presuming he's hired them by now) right on shoring up relationships with the previous signed class and getting them enthused about the new program.

If Meyer was not going to see much PT at Iowa, I don't fault Fran for telling him so, assuming that was the topic of this "healthy discussion". Maybe Fran didn't flat out tell Meyer to pack his bags, but in my mind, Meyer was given a bit of a nudge out the door.

“Kyle and I had a healthy discussion at the conclusion of the season,â€￾ McCaffery said. “Ultimately he has decided to pursue more playing time and a larger role at another institution. Kyle has great work ethic and tremendous character, and will be a valuable teammate wherever he decides to go. We appreciate his hard work and positive attitude the last two years. Kyle has a bright future and we will assist him any way we can.â€￾

It didn't look to me like Meyer was ever going to see serious playing time at Iowa.. He was basically the last guy off the bench this year, even in blowout wins, so I think the writing was on the wall, especially with the possibility of Atwood coming in. Even with the graduation of McCabe & Basabe, I'm not sure who's time Meyer was going to take. White? Woodbury? Olaseni? Just didn't see it.

Latest posts