Is there a chance someone could transfer?

docholihawk

I hate to say it and I hope it doesn't happen but I'm wondering what people are thinking about potential transfers for Iowa. Up until last night I thought we could see 2-3 transfers. Last night the team played well together for the first 38 minutes and then it looked to me like old habits came back. I'm thinking Anthony Clemmons might be a potential transfer. I like him and hope he stays but I'm wondering since he didn't get a lot of minutes this year. I think his minutes go up if he stays but maybe he's thinking different. Anybody have thoughts? Another thing, does anybody know how Pat Ingram did this year?

I read comments from Clemmons last night that he's heard of the transfer rumors and they're not true. He blames himself for his lack of production this season. Now I've heard rumors of Gessell transferring, but that's all they are…rumors. The only position I see a possibility of a transfer is at the pg position with Dickerson coming in. Everyone else should expect to play decent minutes. A possible exception could be Meyer at center, but I haven't heard even a rumor about him. Just my opinion, you never know what could happen.

I don't know why Gesell would transfer. He has started this entire year, hasn't he, and played heavy minutes in most games? He's playing with his good buddy Woody, who late this year really started coming into his own. Yeah, Fran's chewed his butt from time to time but that's the job of a coach. I can only see Mike's role growing next year with RDM's departure.

As has been posited elsewhere, the entire nature of the team could change in 2014-15 with Dev gone and the mantle of leadership falling to someone else. That person could/should be Mike. He could have a better surrounding cast through whom he can run the team.

I still think clemmons could leave and I wouldn't be surprised if Meyer might want to go. With Dickerson coming in clemmons could feel pressure to play and want to leave. Meyer still will not get much time next yr from what I am seeing he still won't play and being as far from home as he is I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave. Outside of those two I don't think anyone else is in jeopardy...my projected lineup:

pg - gesell/dickerson
sg - jok/oglesby/gesell
sf - Uthoff/jok/white/uhl
pf - white/Uthoff/uhl
c - woody/olaseni

ellingson (if injuries he plays), clemmons (if he stays maybe he plays), Meyer (don't see him breaking in but maybe he plays over uhl)

I still think clemmons could leave and I wouldn't be surprised if Meyer might want to go. With Dickerson coming in clemmons could feel pressure to play and want to leave. Meyer still will not get much time next yr from what I am seeing he still won't play and being as far from home as he is I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave. Outside of those two I don't think anyone else is in jeopardy...my projected lineup:

pg - gesell/dickerson
sg - jok/oglesby/gesell
pf - white/Uthoff/uhl
c - woody/olaseni

ellingson (if injuries he plays), clemmons (if he stays maybe he plays), Meyer (don't see him breaking in but maybe he plays over uhl)

This sums up my thoughts exactly. I hope Clemmons stays but wouldn't be surprised if he or Meyer decided to leave. That lineup is right on the money or at least should be at this point imo.

This sums up my thoughts exactly. I hope Clemmons stays but wouldn't be surprised if he or Meyer decided to leave. That lineup is right on the money or at least should be at this point imo.

I hope they both stay because there is a reason they were recruited but right now I could see how both might want to leave for playing time as neither seems to be getting much next yr.

I hope they both stay because there is a reason they were recruited but right now I could see how both might want to leave for playing time as neither seems to be getting much next yr.

Agreed. We really have no idea what Meyer is capable of yet and Clemmons has shown glimpses of promise, albeit mostly from his freshman year.

I think you nailed the line up except I will be surprised if Jok starts over Josh. He may get more min. but I still think Josh will start. Fran seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

pg - gesell/dickerson
sg - jok/oglesby/gesell
pf - white/Uthoff/uhl
c - woody/olaseni

I don't want anyone to transfer but if players leave because they feel they aren't good enough for play time, its better than players leaving because they're to good for the team like the Lick years.

I think you nailed the line up except I will be surprised if Jok starts over Josh. He may get more min. but I still think Josh will start. Fran seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

I think you're right with josh over jok. That said, something happened in the last couple weeks for jok to out of nowhere get this much play time. If its because he got so good that Fran can't keep him off the court, he might improve enough to start next year.

I go with jok over josh as a starter because I think jok is a tempo starter. I think he will actually play better as a starter (some do) where as I think josh has found his niche off the bench and seemed to enjoy his role this yr. I think josh will start for the first few games but before conference starts jok will earn the spot. I was giving what I thought it would be during conference when it matters.

I know Fran will play a ton of guys, but I'd really like to see more line-ups with three true perimeter players. In my opinion, a lot of Iowa's struggles this year were a result of asking White and Uthoff to play a long ways from the basket. It also didn't help having a point guard who shot a low percentage from the field (and from the FT line if he ever penetrated and was fouled).

I'd like to see a lot of this:

Dickerson
Oglesby
Jok
White
Woodbury

I like the other guys, too, just saying those five intrigue me (particularly if Dickerson proves to be a dynamic scorer). I also think that White and Uthoff become very average players in the half court, particularly with quicker players guarding them and away from the basket.

Uthoff is a better 3 than 4 and has much better guard skills than White. I will be surprised if he doesn't start at the 3.

Uthoff is a better 3 than 4 and has much better guard skills than White. I will be surprised if he doesn't start at the 3.

Completely agree...uthoff didn't really know what his role was this yr and it showed in how he played at times. I expect him to be a 25+ min guy at the 3 next yr.

Uthoff will start at 3 and should never moved down to 4. He doesn't have the body for it. If anything, he can move to the two.

Why would Meyer transfer her has at least four guys ahead of him and he redshirted last year...if he wouldn't have redshirted like Ingram didn't I would say he is gone. Don't see anyone leaving.

Jok should play 30+ minutes a game next year; he is special.

Uthoff will start at 3 and should never moved down to 4. He doesn't have the body for it. If anything, he can move to the two.

I agree he shouldn't be at the 4 but I don't want to see him at the 2 either haha. Spot minutes at the 4 is the most I'd give him.

Latest posts