Think ______________, but _________ Thread

Re: Anthony Salter to visit Iowa

He was the big 7 footer that was suppose to come here, then Afraud left, and didnt know what happened to him since.

#35 is a familiar name. Didn't realize he went the JUCO route.

He has bounced around quite a bit. After backing out of coming to Iowa he went to UNLV for a season was not happy there so he transfered to Valpo was not happy there so he went JUCO. Now he is registered for the NBA draft.

A 7 foot kid with all kinds of ability that must not have anyone in his life to help him make solid decisions.

He has bounced around quite a bit. After backing out of coming to Iowa he went to UNLV for a season was not happy there so he transfered to Valpo was not happy there so he went JUCO. Now he is registered for the NBA draft.

A 7 foot kid with all kinds of ability that must not have anyone in his life to help him make solid decisions.

Mark Adams is Beas Hamga's legal guardian. Mark Adams is the coach to the AAU squad Indiana Elite U17 team. You can decipher the rest.

Beas was a 4 star recruit that committed to Iowa in '06. To say he was a project is an understatement at best. He was rated anywhere from a top 30 prospect regardless of position by some and not even in the top 150 by other (rivals).

He redshirted his first year at UNLV (07-08). He played sparingly in his 2nd year (08-09) and then transferred to Valpo where I think he never even really made it to campus and announced he was transferring to a JUCO in May of '09. alford and his crack staff started recruiting him again after that. I have no idea if Beas is going to the NBADL or what. This kid is tall....that's about all this kid has going for him from a basketball standpoint. Think Kurt Looby with less offensive skills.

I will never forget that Holiday tourny that Beas played in when in Prep School where he outplayed DeAndre Jordan, another prep school 7 fter from texas who went to Texas A & M for a year or two and is now in the NBA....I was very excited about Beas at that point. Clearly, that performance must have been a bit of an abberation.

Jordan was a top 5 player,but he has not really panned out as well as anticipated either. That is the danger in evaluating prep players...it is all relative and sometimes it is just not a great year for certain positions. Like Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler...the top two big men in that class along with Kwame Brown who the Wizards took #1....3 of top 4 picks...HS big men...and none panned out as expected. Just turns out that it was a weak class of big men,I guess. Or,it is a case for developing big men in college before the pros. This years candidates for overvaluation? Cousins and Favours....ranked as #3 and #4 overall picks...look out.

Mark Adams is Beas Hamga's legal guardian. Mark Adams is the coach to the AAU squad Indiana Elite U17 team. You can decipher the rest.

Beas was a 4 star recruit that committed to Iowa in '06. To say he was a project is an understatement at best. He was rated anywhere from a top 30 prospect regardless of position by some and not even in the top 150 by other (rivals).

He redshirted his first year at UNLV (07-08). He played sparingly in his 2nd year (08-09) and then transferred to Valpo where I think he never even really made it to campus and announced he was transferring to a JUCO in May of '09. alford and his crack staff started recruiting him again after that. I have no idea if Beas is going to the NBADL or what. This kid is tall....that's about all this kid has going for him from a basketball standpoint. Think Kurt Looby with less offensive skills.

"Think Kurt Looby with less offensive skills." Is that even possible?

Think Jim Bartles... with a little less body fat.

Think Dean Oliver with more of a Lou Bega moustache.

Latest posts