Men's Hoops to Host Maryland Eastern Shore Thursday

HawkeyeHypnosis

Men's Hoops to Host Maryland Eastern Shore Thursday - Iowa Official Athletic Site

From article:

• Aaron White is the first Hawkeye since Jared Reiner (2002-03) to score at least 20 points and grab 15 ore more rebounds in a game. White had 20 points and 15 rebounds in Sunday's win.

• On Friday, Jarrod Uthoff (14 points, seven rebounds, four blocks) became only the second Big Ten player since the 1996-97 season to register 14-plus points, seven-plus rebounds and four-plus blocks in his first career game (Ohio State's Greg Oden, 2006-07).

Men's Hoops to Host Maryland Eastern Shore Thursday - Iowa Official Athletic Site

From article:

• Aaron White is the first Hawkeye since Jared Reiner (2002-03) to score at least 20 points and grab 15 ore more rebounds in a game. White had 20 points and 15 rebounds in Sunday's win.

• On Friday, Jarrod Uthoff (14 points, seven rebounds, four blocks) became only the second Big Ten player since the 1996-97 season to register 14-plus points, seven-plus rebounds and four-plus blocks in his first career game (Ohio State's Greg Oden, 2006-07).

Uthoff still looks younger now as a third year player, then Oden did in his freshman year. Dude looked like he could be on social security as a college freshman.

These guys suck. Anything less than a 30 point win would disappoint me.

Except Fran is still playing with line ups. Hard to keep the foot on the throat when guys are shuffling in and out every two minutes.

Expect it will be this way for the most part until the Bahamas.

Except Fran is still playing with line ups. Hard to keep the foot on the throat when guys are shuffling in and out every two minutes.

2013-14 IOWA STATE CYCLONES SCHEDULE
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIME
Nov 10

Nov 12

Tired of excuses. Just go and blow them out. NO MERCY!

2013-14 IOWA STATE CYCLONES SCHEDULE
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIME
Nov 10

Nov 12

Tired of excuses. Just go and blow them out. NO MERCY!

Let's wait to Sunday so see how well those first two games got them prepared. I'd rather have a close game against a decent opponent then blow out a no-name opponent. But if we blow out M-ES tonight I might change my tune.

Uthoff still looks younger now as a third year player, then Oden did in his freshman year. Dude looked like he could be on social security as a college freshman.

Some people thought he'd be the next Bill Russell. Other people thought he was Bill Russell.

We could blow them out with our walk ons.

I for one, have changed my tune a little on the cupcakes...now, I am glad we lined up 5 cupcakes to kick off the season...I think Iowa needs every single win possible to look attractive to the tourney committee at the end of the season. I know all about the SOS thing, but losses still look ugly and I fear that this team will lose as many as 3-4 games in the non-conference as it is ....ND, ISU, Xavier and maybe UTEP are possible losses...that could leave us at 9-4 in the non-conference....which means Iowa would need to get to .500 in the league to get to 18 wins...which might not be enough.

I for one, have changed my tune a little on the cupcakes...now, I am glad we lined up 5 cupcakes to kick off the season...I think Iowa needs every single win possible to look attractive to the tourney committee at the end of the season. I know all about the SOS thing, but losses still look ugly and I fear that this team will lose as many as 3-4 games in the non-conference as it is ....ND, ISU, Xavier and maybe UTEP are possible losses...that could leave us at 9-4 in the non-conference....which means Iowa would need to get to .500 in the league to get to 18 wins...which might not be enough.

Total wins are meaningless to the selection committee, the days of 20 wins and automatically in are long gone. That said, I don't have a problem with opening with five easier games, we will have plenty of opportunities for quality wins coming up soon.

Iowa has used 26 different line ups in the first two games.

Iowa has used 26 different line ups in the first two games.

Good. I'm glad. I want the good combos figured out now. We need to win two in the Battle 4 Atlantis and need to beat ND at home so we can have some cushion come B1G play time. I believe Iowa can do all these things, just have to figure out the good combos of players.

I don't mind some easy games to get things started. This team has enough depth, experience and talent to mix in some top 50 teams before conference play and win. I think Fran is just tinkering with a lot of different things in these early games. The group playing the best, hot hand, etc. will be on the floor when we start playing tougher competition. I still don't think we will lose more than 1 non conference game.

So far this year, at least to my eyes, the best lineup on the floor has featured:

Clemmons
Marble
White
Uthoff
Basabe

Latest posts