***Official Iowa-Purdue Prediction Thread***

okeefe4prez

I think we win this one 13-11. We score a defensive TD on a James Morris pick 6 and add 2 FGs on 14 and 9 yard drives set up by the defense. The defense plays good football and gives up 3 FGs, two of which are the result of the offense leaving them in bad field position. Offense gives up a late safety when Purdue pins us deep on a good punt and Ferentz thinks better of trying to do anything other than take the safety. The defense holds on the final Purdue possession and our hated rival goes down.

GO HAWKS

Okay I didnt read what you wrote but I see a 13 there. Scores for Iowa could be 3,6,9,12 and maybe on a real good day 15.

Okay I didnt read what you wrote but I see a 13 there. Scores for Iowa could be 3,6,9,12 and maybe on a real good day 15.

Defensive touchdown on a Morris pick 6. I'm worried that with Davis at the helm, the offense will embark on the longest TD-less streak of the modern era of BCS level football.

Are they bad enough to give up 41 points to a Greg Davis led offense, though? I think not. I think the punters and Iowa defense will determine the outcome of this game.

Purdue's punter is better then ours. If we try playing field position we will lose.

First half:
Iowa 24
Purdue 3

Second half:
Iowa 0
Purdue 17

We hang on despite a furious rally by Purdont 24-20

24-13 Iowa

Wisky scored 28 points on the hawks but they had two really short fields of 25 yards each roughly to get two TDs. Their last TD drive was sort of a garbage deal.

Wisky's offense is much better than Purdue's so I think the Hawk Dee can hold down their offense to about 13 points.

Purdue's defense is not near as good as msu, wisky, and osu so I think the Hawk offense can steadily move the ball most of the game, like at OSU, Minny, and ISU to the tune of about 24 points.

Go hawks

Last edited:
24-13 Iowa

Wisky scored 28 points but they had two really short fields of 25 yards each roughly to get two TDs. Their last TD drive was sort of a garbage deal.

Wisky's offense is much better than Purdue's so I think the Hawk Dee can hold down their offense to about 13 points.

Purdue's defense is not near as good as msu, wisky, and osu so I think the Hawk offense can steadily move the ball most of the game, like at OSU, Minny, and ISU to the tune of about 24 points.

Go hawks

Purdue will not find the end zone against our defense unless the offense turns the ball over inside the 5.

Latest posts