Hawkeyes (Mostly) Dismantle Iowa State

Imo a little knee-jerk to win over a terrible team. This team is one Weisman injury from looking at not winning another game this year. Weisman causes Rudock to look good. If that threat wasn't there, this offense would not move the ball.

The hawks or their coaches need to quit giving so much cushion when they build a lead.

The Defense was dominating ISU but after the Iowa score made it 27-7 we started giving a 10 yard cushion and giving 10+ yard completions which stop the clock.

The Defense totally shut down ISU's running game and their tighter coverage kept their passing game inefficient. If Lowery doesnt take a bad angle on the first ISU TD they might not have scored at all.

But somehow KF and his coaches who coached a pretty good game for 53 minutes just froze up again. Quit being so afraid in pass coverage and trust your players.

We should have probably been in more nickle and dime coverage at the end and I still think you can blitz with one extra guy to make the QB get rid of the ball quicker.

1234842_10151818936208847_1311144217_n.jpg

Imo a little knee-jerk to win over a terrible team. This team is one Weisman injury from looking at not winning another game this year. Weisman causes Rudock to look good. If that threat wasn't there, this offense would not move the ball.

What's knee jerk about it? I ain't crowning anyone...just because I don't join in the hourly bitchfest that has become the message boards doesn't mean I'm projecting Rose Bowl.

yeah Jon I didn't think it was knee jerk either... thought you just stated things as you saw them.

And yeah I love beating ISU on their own field.

But ya both of these teams could struggle to win one game in their conference.

What's knee jerk about it? I ain't crowning anyone...just because I don't join in the hourly bitchfest that has become the message boards doesn't mean I'm projecting Rose Bowl.

I think the hourly beotchfest is the culmination of years of being ground down by the garbage that happened in the last 7 minutes of that game. It's the same white knuckle crap over and over and over. When you run all over a team like Iowa did tonight, you shouldn't be one freak hook and ladder away from a season-demolishing horrific defeat.

ConservaKurt can't close out a game his team has dominated. It's maddening. Just f'n maddening.

i think i once heard someone say that a certain person would probably complain at his hanging because the executioner used a new rope.....this fanbase is delusional, at best. always something to complain about, even after a win.

i think i once heard someone say that a certain person would probably complain at his hanging because the executioner used a new rope.....this fanbase is delusional, at best. always something to complain about, even after a win.

Yeah, we're delusional for being concerned that Kurt's teams can't close out football games, because his teams can't close out football games, as evidenced by season upon season of witnessing teams that can't close out football games.

That's just delusion. DELOOOOOSION!

You are absolutely delusional if you don't understand what almost happened tonight.

FreedComanche

If this happens again, and the team isn't as crappy and we end up losing, is it not justified? This will be the worst team we end up playing this year and we won by 7. I am glad we are 2-1 and we could be 3-1, going in to league play; but this could also be our last "W" for the year.

The statistic about the number of games since they scored 30 was very telling. Despite the strides from last year, ynless there is significant improvement from today, this team won't win a BigTen game.

The statistic about the number of games since they scored 30 was very telling. Despite the strides from last year, ynless there is significant improvement from today, this team won't win a BigTen game.

I don't know why, but it bothers me that there are folks that don't accept the above.

FreedComanche

I can see why people are a little disappointed with the way the game ended but to say we won't win another game is a little extreme. We played well in some areas and and not so well in others but I don't think this is the best that this will play all year. If we can continue to improve we will be in some games and have an opportunity to win some.

I think the hourly beotchfest is the culmination of years of being ground down by the garbage that happened in the last 7 minutes of that game. It's the same white knuckle crap over and over and over. When you run all over a team like Iowa did tonight, you shouldn't be one freak hook and ladder away from a season-demolishing horrific defeat.

ConservaKurt can't close out a game his team has dominated. It's maddening. Just f'n maddening.

This is exactly it. To see the same ineffective methods used over and over again to end games has taken its toll.

You do realize that Iowa "closed out" the game and got the W right? This is football, and the other team is doing everything possible to win the game as well. If what you are saying is true, then Alabama is just the same as they were up by 21, and "can't close out a game" as they let A&M score 3 4th qtr. TD's., and eeking out a 7 pt win.

Nebraska can't close out a game, they were up 21-3 at Half, and got dominated in the 2nd half.

LOL at anyone who thinks that just because you have a 2 or 3 TD lead, that the other team won't score any more.

Last edited:
You do realize that Iowa "closed out" the game and got the W right? This is football, and the other team is doing everything possible to win the game as well. If what you are saying is true, then Alabama is just the same as they were up by 21, and "can't close out a game" as they let A&M score 3 4th qtr. TD's., and eeking out a 7 pt win.

Nebraska can't close out a game, they were up 21-3 at Half, and got dominated in the 2nd half.

LOL at anyone who thinks that just because you have a 2 or 3 TD lead, that the other team won't score any more.
If that game was 30 seconds longer, Iowa loses.

Latest posts