Zusevics, Koeppel, Ferentz, Vandervelde, Reiff, Reisner

VenturaAce

I love what Coker brought to the table last night, bright future, but I thought considering all the threads on Coker, it was only appropriate to throw one out there with our starting OL from last night as well. It will be short-lived, unsexy thread, but I wanted to throw some more recognition to them. Serious kudos to this bunch and their back-ups that contributed as well. Morse is definitely worthy of mentioning too. It was a great showcase of what Iowa football is all about.

It was a very impressive performance by the line all around. The line is going to be pretty damn solid next year.

for being the weak or unknown parts of the team at the beginning of the year I think they ended the season as one of the strengths.

The offensive line is definitely something to be excited about. I think there are still some questions at receiver, though. Can K. Davis step up? Plus McNutt is most likely gone. Hopefully someone unexpected will become someone trustworthy to throw the ball to.

The thing that excited me the most watching the Insight bowl wasn't Coker....even though he looked great....it was the thought that, IMO, we return 4 of our best 5 offensive lineman next year for Coker to run behind/Vandenberg to be protected by.

Next years OL, IMO, will be very similar to 08's line in terms of effectiveness.....Reiff, Gettis, Ferentz, MacMillan, Zusevics could quite easily be the best line in the Big Ten next season.

A special recognition for Josh Koeppel. Started as a walk-on, stuck with the program, worked his way up to co#1 center, hurt in the moped crash, moves to guard due to injuries, struggles and then puts it all together. Good pass protection and helped open huge holes for Coker. A great way to finish his career at Iowa.

There's also been a lot of good press from the Offense-Defense bowl regarding one of next year's incoming linemen, Austin Blythe. Sounds like he's just a man amongst boys out there. Our OL will be the strength of this year for years to come, and when we have big backs like Coker, Coe, and McCall back there we should be able to rumble over anybody.

There's also been a lot of good press from the Offense-Defense bowl regarding one of next year's incoming linemen, Austin Blythe. Sounds like he's just a man amongst boys out there. Our OL will be the strength of this year for years to come, and when we have big backs like Coker, Coe, and McCall back there we should be able to rumble over anybody.

that's it. I'm predicting the hawks in the championship game next year. You read it here first.

Walsh and Blythe hopefully will be able to redshirt with Gettis and McMillan able to fill the holes next year. Those two could be all-world guard tandem,down the road.

The o-line is the most important unit on the team,and next year should be strong.
They were my key this year,and they came thru as the season went along.
Unfortunately, injuries to our rbs and breakdowns on defense ended up undermining the o-line's progress.....but next year Vandy should have time to throw,and Marcus/DeAndre/Rod/Mccall should have holes to run thru.

The boys were studs all year. Who would have guessed they would dominate as much as they did this year. One of our biggest strengths for next year.

Latest posts