Your kids and Hawkeye Basketball

bricky

Anyone else having a hard time trying to get their kids watch this team? I was such a huge fan when I was her age, in '85 I was 12. She loves the fooball team, but when it comes to BB, no way. I'm sure the fact that the FB team is so good, and that the BB team is struggling, to say the least, has a lot to do with it. Think we're losing potential young fans?

Sorry it's not about watching this team. It's watching this Style that is having more affect on the Fan Base IMO..

Boys 14 and 10. They love Iowa Football. They will not watch Iowa BB. My oldest son loves and plays BB. He watches other games on TV but when it come to watching Iowa he refuses. Says Iowa is boring and passes it to much.

Last edited:
Heck, my kids are too busy playing Wi, playstation, PSP, Gameboy, Computer to be interested in anything Hawks, unless it can keep them up past their bedtimes! Sometimes my 12 year old will watch some football and basketball if he has nothing else to do. I remember growing up listening to games on the radio. No way we could get kids to do that in this day and age???

I finally got through to my 9 year old boy who now thinks a football game of some kind should be on tv every night of the week. My 4 year old boy will sit on the puter with headphones on listening to the Iowa fight song and watching youtube clips of Iowa football and when he is done with that we have to play football. My 6 year old girl knows the Big 10 teams and will sit and watch football but not to long. When I was growing up I would make my own stat sheets and keeps stats during basketball season. My Dad would get us down to Kinnick at least once a year if not more. I wish I lived closer because I would love to support the basketball team more. I got to my kids early and I would advise others do the same.......my house is a Hawkeye house full of passion for the black and gold.

My son is in his mid-twenties,just out of the Army,going to college and watches most of the Iowa football games with me, but he has zero interest in the Iowa bb games this year. He cannot embrace the non-competitive team in black and gold. It stinks, those football games are a blast.

I'm in college now but really, I lost ALL interest I had in Iowa bball in the last couple of years...I used to say "Just get rid of Alford! I cannot support that jerk!"....but never did I think this would happen. We're not only losing, we lose playing UGLY basketball. I would be okay taking a trip to Carver to watch a team run and press and lose but have it be exciting. I REFUSE to waste my time on a week night to go to Carver to watch a team lose playing boring basketball.

It's just different, I honestly believe we don't have a chance. So why go to the game when the result is the same?

However football I'm just the opposite....for the first time there is NOBODY that I believe Iowa couldn't/shouldn't beat.

Latest posts