You do realize...

I

Ian Pike Hammer

that if this team is as committed to defense as we all hope they are, that Fran is going to have to substitute all the more! 100% commitment to defense takes a lot of effort and energy. No more 6 or 7 minute waits to substitute. We will have to sub sooner, which will affect our offensive chemistry. Your thoughts?

that if this team is as committed to defense as we all hope they are, that Fran is going to have to substitute all the more! 100% commitment to defense takes a lot of effort and energy. No more 6 or 7 minute waits to substitute. We will have to sub sooner, which will affect our offensive chemistry. Your thoughts?

As much as he likes to play thirteen deep Fran should have had this philosophy all along.

As much as he likes to play thirteen deep Fran should have had this philosophy all along.

Sometimes, the coaches 'system' has to fail before they can adapt. However, I don't see Fran changing. I hope I am wrong.

Sometimes, the coaches 'system' has to fail before they can adapt. However, I don't see Fran changing. I hope I am wrong.

The one thing that always made me doubt about Fran was he seems to have system. Play a lot of players as fast as they can go with the intent to wear the other team down in the second half and eek out a win in the last minutes of the game. Traditional coaches approaches it differently for example the way Lute Olson used to do it. You played your best eight maybe nine players most of the game and just let their backups give them quick breaks now and then. Lute also played each players strengths and developed plays that maximized those abilities. His plays were designed to get each player in the best offensive position to show cast their skills.He was a hell of a defensive coach and could coach zone defense with the best of them.

I always felt like Fran’s offense lacked in play development and more often or not looked like street ball or as I have said several times (and which Deace picked up on) YMCA ball.

I'd like to see less platoon subbing and more rotation. Too often I feel like who is gonna score with the players on the court right now? Put a couple guys in at the 3 or 4 minute mark and rotate more often. If you rotate consistently and reduce the overall number of guys playing then guys will get into a rhythm. I do think shortening up the rotation would be for the better tho. 9 or 10 guys playing consistently is a better number I think but we all know that's not going to happen with Fran. Either Pemsl or Kriener needs to be relegated to the bottom of the bench.