You could make a case

RevHolzhammer

for Iowa's Defense in 2009, being the best in the nation, certainly best in the Big Ten. In reviewing the final Big Ten stats, I noticed the Ohio St total defense was like 1 yard ahead of Iowa..........278 per game to 279.

However, unfortunately at times, our offense was very underwhelming. Our scoring offense was 10th, only better than the Illini in the Big Ten Conference. We were also #10, statistically in Rush offense and in total offense. Now that puts ALOT of pressure on a defense, as we all know.

Amazingly, this defense answered the bell each and every week. And with its complete SHUT down of the Ga Tech offense in the Orange Bowl, the Iowa defense for 2009, was, in my opinion, without peer.

I'll agree with the Big Ten comment...I think we're close. Especially when you consider that the offenses we didn't get to play last year were Illinois, Purdue...and Iowa.

We could make a case, but I will still stick with OSU, i mean they did have a harder job of shutting down a better overally offense in Oregon. Oregon was a lot more dangerous than Ga Tech.

We could make a case, but I will still stick with OSU, i mean they did have a harder job of shutting down a better overally offense in Oregon. Oregon was a lot more dangerous than Ga Tech.

And neither one of the hyped offenses of Ga Tech, or Oregon was able to do much against the Big Ten's best defenses.

-Ga Tech did less and was shut down even more
- Again, Iowa's offense unfortunately kept the defense on the field more than Ohio St.
- this gives the edge to the Iowa defense in 2009.

Really, Iowa was better in take aways than Ohio St and name any other defense...........TCU, no. USC again no. Florida.........nada
Bama...............still give it to Iowa in 2009, as look at the Alabama offense and it myriad of weapons to lay on its opponent.

Latest posts