Year helmet was used?

NelsP

Need some help finding the year that a helmet I purchased last night was used. It has the ANF sticker on one side of it and a decent sized American flag on the opposite side of the helmet. I was told it may be from the Freedom Bowl but they were not sure. I have not been able to locate when they would have had that sticker on the helmet by looking through my old programs and online. Does anyone have an idea of when this helmet may have been used. Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Trying to date a helmet.

You'd better change that heading before you get some really unexpected responses.

Re: Trying to date a helmet.

Need some help dating a helmet I purchased last night. It has the ANF sticker on one side of it and a decent sized American flag on the opposite side of the helmet. I was told it may be from the Freedom Bowl but they were not sure. I have not been able to locate when they would have had that sticker on the helmet by looking through my old programs and online. Does anyone have an idea of when this helmet may have been used. Thanks

Ask if it wants to see a movie?
________
condominiums Pattaya

Last edited:
Check on the left side of the helmet, near the ear-hole and where the chin-strap snaps on. There is most probably the player name and years engraved on the helmet. Pretty standard practice.

Need some help finding the year that a helmet I purchased last night was used. It has the ANF sticker on one side of it and a decent sized American flag on the opposite side of the helmet. I was told it may be from the Freedom Bowl but they were not sure. I have not been able to locate when they would have had that sticker on the helmet by looking through my old programs and online. Does anyone have an idea of when this helmet may have been used. Thanks

I remember it specificallly. It was ANF and the American flag were on the Hawks the year of the Freedom Bowl. Driving rain storm yet the Hawks looked like they were on Astro Turf. Beat Texas so bad that the slaughtered Bevo and had steaks!!!!

Could be 1991...I seem to remember the Flag (along with the ANF) being on the helmet before they peeled off all of the decals for the 1991 OSU game (After the Iowa City Campus massacre)...

Latest posts