Year after year, Bluder's bunch get blown out in these spots against #1...God!

HaydenHawk56

;)

It is amazing how the top teams in women's ball can make our team look so outclassed (along with so many others).

It’s not even the top teams.

Anytime I hear the women’s team is doing well, I take a peek .....

And they play like crap in a big game and then lose 4 of the next 5 after that to drop from the top of the league playing for a title to playing for their lives for a seven or eight seed.

Must be something in the water of Iowa City

This happens with pretty much every good women’s team against the best women’s teams. The drop off in talent after the best 4 or 5 teams is huge.

This is the correct answer. Bluder will never get the program where CViv had it for a variety of reasons. But she puts out a pretty good product and that's all you can ask for.

With woman's basketball, the best teams move around a little more than men's. It was UConn, then Stanford, now Notre Dame. It's not inconceivable that Iowa could recruit a National Championship team. Bluder has done a good job at Iowa but hasn't reached the top Tier for sure yet, but it's possible.

It’s not even the top teams.

Anytime I hear the women’s team is doing well, I take a peek .....

And they play like crap in a big game and then lose 4 of the next 5 after that to drop from the top of the league playing for a title to playing for their lives for a seven or eight seed.

Must be something in the water of Iowa City

...or over the airwaves.

With woman's basketball, the best teams move around a little more than men's. It was UConn, then Stanford, now Notre Dame. It's not inconceivable that Iowa could recruit a National Championship team. Bluder has done a good job at Iowa but hasn't reached the top Tier for sure yet, but it's possible.

LMAO!!! You really can’t be serious! It’s year 19 of Bluder she doing good job but Iowa will never ever be at the level of the likes of UConn, Stanford or ND. No way no how. Also to say the best teams move around more in women’s basketball than Men’s is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read. Which Men’s basketball team has been as dominant as UCONN women’s the past 2 decades????

Last edited:
LMAO!!! You really can’t be serious! It’s year 19 of Bluder she doing good job but Iowa will never ever be at the level of the likes of UConn, Stanford or ND. No way no how. Also to say the best teams move around more in women’s basketball than Men’s is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read. Which Men’s basketball team has been as dominant as UCONN women’s the past 2 decades????

I think that you have to consider the UCLA team under John Wooden but that was 50 years ago. The reduction in Scholarships has brought some parity in men's basketball, not so much in the women's game

For one this team had no business being ranked #14, not at this point. But Bluder's teams tend to get better as the season progresses. But, secondly, in womens basketball there is a huge talent gap between Notre Dame, UConn, and the rest of the field.

I think that you have to consider the UCLA team under John Wooden but that was 50 years ago. The reduction in Scholarships has brought some parity in men's basketball, not so much in the women's game

He stated that the best teams in Women’s Basketball move around more than the men, that’s absolutely crazy talk. Especially when you consider that UCONN is still dominant. UCONN has either won, finished runner-up or appeared in every final 4 in Women’s Basketball in the last decade. You can go back even farther to 2000 only 2 times in last 18 years they didn’t make the final 4. Sorry but that’s complete crap to say Women’s Basketball the best teams move around more.. Thats ridiculous talk!

He stated that the best teams in Women’s Basketball move around more than the men, that’s absolutely crazy talk. Especially when you consider that UCONN is still dominant. UCONN has either won, finished runner-up or appeared in every final 4 in Women’s Basketball in the last decade. You can go back even farther to 2000 only 2 times in last 18 years they didn’t make the final 4. Sorry but that’s complete crap to say Women’s Basketball the best teams move around more.. Thats ridiculous talk!

This is what makes women's basketball hard to watch. Year after year, same old teams.

Iowa should be trying to compete for the B10 title and if that ends up getting you close to the top 10, that's a great accomplishment. They aren't going to compete with UConn and such, doesn't mean they couldn't pull an upset once in awhile, but I'd never expect better than top 15 max. NCAA wrestling is the only sport more predictable than women's basketball at this point now that Golden State looks beatable again in the NBA.

Parity in women's basketball isn't there yet

And won't be. I was a big follower of women's basketball back in the day, where you could have a really good team anywhere (see: Missouri State, Maine, Louisiana Tech) if you had a good coach and players who would buy into a system. Now there are MAYBE three relevant teams every year and it's more of a cause than a sport. When 99% of the games aren't fun to watch, you can't be surprised that people don't watch them.