Wow what a Pathetic Basketball Game

longtimer

Could we have found a worse team to play? I always look forward to watching basketball but I just can't watch anymore of this. Did you notice how may empty seats? Of course they are coming to watch Clark and the women's team What a role reversal of Men's and Women's basketball. Lucky to have 3 or 4 thousand for the next 2 home games. And Purdue Arizona is on Peacock

Wonder if "It's a wonderful life" is on

Could we have found a worse team to play? I always look forward to watching basketball but I just can't watch anymore of this. Did you notice how may empty seats? Of course they are coming to watch Clark and the women's team What a role reversal of Men's and Women's basketball. Lucky to have 3 or 4 thousand for the next 2 home games. And Purdue Arizona is on Peacock

I am sure you will be missed. So sad.

You got that right, Iowa even looks shitty playing this team, and they are up by 23 at half. Pmac, should be relegated to do his student teaching somewhere off campus, way off campus, other than a familiar word regarding sports at Iowa lately, nepotism, how and the flying f___k does that kid start for a team in the Big. Agree, on the excitement factor about the men team, Beth is going to need to look at this, old fuckers rattling their canes in the first 20 rows, doesn't cut it anymore,

You got that right, Iowa even looks shitty playing this team, and they are up by 23 at half. Pmac, should be relegated to do his student teaching somewhere off campus, way off campus, other than a familiar word regarding sports at Iowa lately, nepotism, how and the flying f___k does that kid start for a team in the Big. Agree, on the excitement factor about the men team, Beth is going to need to look at this, old fuckers rattling their canes in the first 20 rows, doesn't cut it anymore,

Really don’t need an Iowa St. spin on this. We(Iowa fans) know what the issues are.

Hmmm, Michigan State plays #6(albeit probably not really)Baylor and was up 28 at halftime and we play FAMU rhymes with SHAMU and were up 23 at half. I hope there is no trying to spin that they see improvement or that this isn't anything but fool's gold. Did you really rebound better or is it just FAMU sucks. This kind of game doesn't help this team grow and certainly doesn't seem to excite the fans. Around Christmas time and they want you to spend money you could do other things with on a crappy game like this? Even in Iowa vs. FAMU, shooting 36% from three and 56% from the FT line as of this moment.

Last edited:
Huge difference in attendance between the men’s and women’s game. No empty seats for the women’s game.

The Hawks needed a game like this. They were enjoying themselves. I hope the same result occurs on Wednesday night at CHA. Mid week, 7:00 pm start, so no big crowd. Low quality opponent? Probably.

Coaches got good looks and film on lots of players tonight and will likely do so on Wednesday.. Good payoff in the future.

This team is an easy target for some of our very predictable posters. I guess they don’t understand the impact of major losses from the roster with 18 year old high schoolers instead, transitioning to a Power 5 environment, now on the firing line.
Do some of you guys realize how ignorant you sound?

The Hawks needed a game like this. They were enjoying themselves. I hope the same result occurs on Wednesday night at CHA. Mid week, 7:00 pm start, so no big crowd. Low quality opponent? Probably.

Coaches got good looks and film on lots of players tonight and will likely do so on Wednesday.. Good payoff in the future.

This team is an easy target for some of our very predictable posters. I guess they don’t understand the impact of major losses from the roster with 18 year old high schoolers instead, transitioning to a Power 5 environment, now on the firing line.
No Huck, they don't. Especially the "emoji" crowd.

The problem with this team is it's not the new players that are struggling it's the experienced players. I love the play of Freeman and Brock, but Patrick, Perkins, and Sanford have been disappointing. The 18 year olds have been the most exciting thing about this team. This crazy line-up with Perkins the lone guard is about as smooth as the Tin man rusting in the field. Clumsy and disjointed are words that come to mind. Even with this taller line-up the rebounding is atrocious. This team is Lickliter worthy of comparison, I believe he had a son too. This team will only win meaningful games if shooting over 50% from 3, which won't happen often. I can accept a rebuilding year but don't piss and call it rain.

Not counting exhibition they have 7 cupcakes on the schedule. That is 2 too many. You don't have to schedule a gauntlet but help the team improve more than pad the win total. Northwestern playing Depaul more of a good payoff kind of game. This game with extended garbage time and the team playing around with some bad shots and trying to drive right into people and doing some bad stuff they won't get away with in the conference doesn't payoff much(not talking about the 18 year olds here either). 0 sweet sixteens under Fran is the payoff. If I am ignorant so be it. :)

Last edited:
FAMU will be playing at Iowa State tonight

The Cyclones close out the month with games against Eastern Illinois and New Hampshire at Hilton

Latest posts