wow! linebackers

iluvlamp

not a position that gets a lot of notice, usually lack of DL pressure or secondary getting burnt gets the blame but i've never seen a group of nonexistant LBs like I did today. James Morris needs to learn not to backpeddle. I used to get upset when I would see a 15 yard late hit or spearing penalty on greenway, roth, or sanders but now i understand why that is just part of the game when you have an aggressive nasty defense. the iowa lb don't like to pile on or force the action. backpeddle until the OL engages you and then ride them down for an 8 yard gain seems to be the philsophy. Now I know why ferentz made the comment that they have to get morris to start playing footbal instead of thinking so much(i'm paraphrasing) i think ferentz saw the writing on the wall. .

painful to watch

I thought the DL had a much worse day then the LB's did. Christian Kirksey had a great game. His stat line...

13 tackles (11 solo), 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery

He was hardly nonexistant.

I thought the DL had a much worse day then the LB's did. Christian Kirksey had a great game. His stat line... 13 tackles (11 solo), 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recoveryHe was hardly nonexistant.
Ck was by far our best player on D

you are correct CK had a good game, my attention was focused at the 2 players with hype this year that i was excited for morris and nielson.

The reason Kirksey had a good game was because he was flyin to the ball....like our defense used to do. I don't know why but our defense stopped attacking the ball sometime last season.

Latest posts