Would you rather be 4-1 and 0-1 in conference, or where we are now?

khock

Lots of Hawk fans were disappointed in the non-conference results but we are 1-0 in conference play and with the division and conference not having a clear cut favorite I'd rather be where we are now (of course 5-0 would be preferred but not the case).

Where we are now. As soon as you lose 1 game, the non conf. importance diminishes greatly, so the B1G becomes most important. We are undefeated in the season that has counted most since Sept. 8th.

I care more about beating any B1G team more than central Michigan. Especially after we already had a non conference loss. Yeah it hurt but there was still the silver lining that we still had 8 league games to go. A loss at home to Minnesota in the B1G opener would have hurt even worse.

I'd rather be 4-1 (1-0). Central Michigan was an absolute embarssing stinky turd of a game.

We should have never lost that game. We can do a lot of good will with the fans by beating Michigan State. Beating Minny was no great feat but helps in the division standings.

I do have a forum question. What is the vCash? Jon mentioned he lost some of his last week, how does that happen?

We should have never lost that game. We can do a lot of goOd will with the fans by beating Michigan State. Beating Minny was no great feat but helps in the division standings.

I agree, but beating Minny was a big deal for this year's team. Can you imagine if they'd lost? Also, this year's Minny team is probably better than last year's Minny team that beat Iowa.

I agree, but beating Minny was a big deal for this year's team. Can you imagine if they'd lost? Also, this year's Minny team is probably better than last year's Minny team that beat Iowa.

I agree with both points. It's hard to adapt to thinking of Minnesota, Northwestrn, and Iowa State in serious terms after being doormats for decades.

Losing to Minnesota = somewhat acceptable.
Losing to CMU = totally unacceptable, embarrassing, and ridiculous. There is nothing that even teh Cycwones can do for the Reston the year that can even be half as worse as losing to CMU. I'd rather lose to Minny 42-0 than lose to CMU in any fashion. That game will be a skid mark in the underwear of Hawkeye Nation FOREVER.

I don’t know if I like this sort of question. It’s a little like going to prison and being told you’re going to be Bubba’s new wife. Do you want it in the ….., or the ….. Maybe, I’ll just go into shock and someone can tell me when the nightmare is over with.

Football is a lot like business. We are 3-2, and the only game that matters is the next one. Move forward.

I'll take where we are now. I honestly think that losing to CMU sparked a fire in this team. Getting a win over Minny and stealing back the pig in the B1G opener is fuel. This bye week is crucial in preparing for MSU.

I'll take where we are now. I honestly think that losing to CMU sparked a fire in this team. Getting a win over Minny and stealing back the pig in the B1G opener is fuel. This bye week is crucial in preparing for MSU.
It's too bad this team needs an embarassing loss to a bottom-tier MAC team to get a fire sparked.

Just my opinion, but the only thing that matters after a loss is how you bounce back from it. We're 1-0 in conference play and still fighting after an ugly loss. We could be Illinois who for all purposes look llike they've already quit playing 5 weeks into the season.

Football is a lot like business. We are 3-2, and the only game that matters is the next one. Move forward.

Agreed, as long as it's a well-run business that learns from the mistakes, makes appropriate adjustments in personnel and / or strategy so it doesn't repeat them over and over, and plans for the future.

Latest posts