Would you cheer for Eric May if...

Foval21

Pulled a Greg Paulus and went and played 1 yr of football at another college?

I wasn't sure if Eric May could play a yr for the football team and started a thread on the football forum whether Kirk should try to get him to play. I have done some looking into what it took for Greg Paulus to do the same and he had to enroll in a grad program at a different school that duke didn't offer...kind of like how Wisconsin has been getting their QBs the last few years.

Unless Eric is going to try and play over seas in basketball I would want to see if he could play wr for somebody. His athleticism and size in football would be very impressive and I would just like to see if he could do it. Wish he could do it for the hawkeyes though.

He could be a mismatch at tight end if you ask me. Could be one of those hybrids that are so popular nowadays.

Can he enter the NFL draft without having played in college? Would probably need a 2nd pro day or something I guess to get his "measurables"

Antonio Gates made it with some tryouts I believe. Not saying he could be the next Gates lol.

Pulled a Greg Paulus and went and played 1 yr of football at another college?

I wasn't sure if Eric May could play a yr for the football team and started a thread on the football forum whether Kirk should try to get him to play. I have done some looking into what it took for Greg Paulus to do the same and he had to enroll in a grad program at a different school that duke didn't offer...kind of like how Wisconsin has been getting their QBs the last few years.

Unless Eric is going to try and play over seas in basketball I would want to see if he could play wr for somebody. His athleticism and size in football would be very impressive and I would just like to see if he could do it. Wish he could do it for the hawkeyes though.

Maybe you should stop and consider what Eric wants here, rather than just your selfish interests.

Maybe you should stop and consider what Eric wants here, rather than just your selfish interests.

I said I would want him to try not that he had to. I don't care one way or the other what his choice is. He is a supreme athlete and he had football talent. I posed a question (hypothetically) that others found interesting. You on the other hand have little imagination to look at this as it was intended.

I agree with the hybrid type te...but I think wr would be easier to learn. He definitely could go the football route without playing in college..there was gates and there have been others.

Antonio Gates made it with some tryouts I believe. Not saying he could be the next Gates lol.

May would probably play linebacker and be put in the game to stop guys like Gates. He wouldn't be Ray Lewis or anything, but I could see him maybe being at least as good as say Pat Swilling or Brian Urlacher.

Why would he have to transfer to somewhere else to play? Next year would be his 5th year so he'd be eligible for Iowa next season. Just like Stevie Johnson did at ISU if he wanted to or was good enough he could play one year.

Why would he have to transfer to somewhere else to play? Next year would be his 5th year so he'd be eligible for Iowa next season. Just like Stevie Johnson did at ISU if he wanted to or was good enough he could play one year.

Would be interesting to see how Kurt handled that. On one hand, he would have a senior so he'd want to play him. On the other hand, he'd have a guy who had only been with the program a few months so he'd want to bench him. Sounds to me like you want to give Kurt a seizure by causing such confusion.

Would be interesting to see how Kurt handled that. On one hand, he would have a senior so he'd want to play him. On the other hand, he'd have a guy who had only been with the program a few months so he'd want to bench him. Sounds to me like you want to give Kurt a seizure by causing such confusion.

....and the thing is... You probably couldn't even tell he was having a seizure....

depends what school. if it's any school but ISU, Notre Dame, Michigan State or an $EC school then it's likely I would. regardless I'd follow his career.

May would probably play linebacker and be put in the game to stop guys like Gates. He wouldn't be Ray Lewis or anything, but I could see him maybe being at least as good as say Pat Swilling or Brian Urlacher.

If he had played football out of hs he probably would have been a lb or te...but with only 1 yr to play I think they could put him as a wr or hybrid te/wr like dallas clark played. I think that would mean no weight gain and less learning.

Latest posts