Would Brad Stevens leave Butler if he wins tomorrow night?

I dont think theres anything out there attractive enough to leave Butler.....maybe Oregon but I think they are trying to hire a name.....a name thats been in the buisness awhile at least.

Why? Making it this far he already has a lifetime job at Butler. Probably looking at a nice raise as well. Nothing like job security. Just ask Mark Few.

Last edited:

Why? Making it this far he already has a lifetime job at Butler. Probably looking at a nice raise as well. Nothing like job security. Just ask Mark Few.
Mark Few...how bout his boss Barry Collier, and his former boss Lickliter.

He makes close to $400k per year now...you have to think he will get that bumped to $500k min over at least a decade contract. Perhaps even $750k. I think he stays at Butler with a new deal, and waits out another year or so.

He makes close to $400k per year now...you have to think he will get that bumped to $500k min over at least a decade contract. Perhaps even $750k. I think he stays at Butler with a new deal, and waits out another year or so.

My thoughts too, another solid year next year and he names his job basically.

I see Brad as a dedicated coach to his institution. Realistically he still has minimal coaching experience. He would benefit from staying at Butler for a few more years and gain experience and credibility. Then when the time comes for Coach K to retire time to go to Duke.

They return a lot next year. This could be a solid 2-3 year year run. Off to a nice start this year, that is for sure! I hope they win tomorrow night! GO BULLDOGS!!!

He is so young that he could stay at Butler a few more years even and wait for whatever his dream job may be- what he has done already, let alone if he wins tomorrow nite, even if he has a down year at Butler, i dont know if that would negatively effect his "stature"

If I am Coach Stevens, I take the big chunk Butler is going to give me regardless of what happens tonight and I keep doing what I am doing until a job with an established program comes calling... I don't think he will take the rebuilding type job that Lick had at Iowa.

They return three of their top four scorers and six of their top seven...their best players should be back for next year. They will be a top five team next year.

And I just think that after seeing what happened to Collier and Lickliter, some schools may shy away from Butler.

Steve brought up a good point on the show today...this Butler team looks a lot like the old Hoosier teams...full of guys that know their role and execute their role...defenders, screeners, rebounders, solid point and then the star wing player...and it should not be a surprise that Butler's rise comes on the heels of the turmoil at Indiana (Sampson).

They return three of their top four scorers and six of their top seven...their best players should be back for next year. They will be a top five team next year.

And I just think that after seeing what happened to Collier and Lickliter, some schools may shy away from Butler.

Steve brought up a good point on the show today...this Butler team looks a lot like the old Hoosier teams...full of guys that know their role and execute their role...defenders, screeners, rebounders, solid point and then the star wing player...and it should not be a surprise that Butler's rise comes on the heels of the turmoil at Indiana (Sampson).

What does Indiana's turmoil have to do with Butler?

Butler has taken over as the premier program in the state of Indiana alongside Purdue. It makes me giggle thinking of the Hoosiers being Butler's little brother!

Wouldn't it make more sense to say that Purdue has benefited more from Indiana's decline than Butler? Butler has made like three sweet sixteens since 2000 and been in the NCAAs seven times, they were doing this before Sampson came to Indiana, and it's not like they're getting big time Indiana recruits over the Hoosiers now either. I just don't see how Indiana's decline has really affected Butler.

Because there are at least two of butlers best players that would have been Hoosiers if Indiana were still good. Once Indiana comes back then those Indiana kids will go to IU , not Butler.

Who? Howard and Hayward? They weren't big time recruits, and I don't think Indiana offered either of them, also once Indiana gets back they will be going after big time recruits, not guys that end up at mid majors.

Don't trash me for this because I don't have many posts but my brother in-law works with college basketball coaches all the time in the job that he does, and he was told that Stevens is possibly heading to the Windy City (DEPAUL). Supposably a large contract is being worked out.

Don't trash me for this because I don't have many posts but my brother in-law works with college basketball coaches all the time in the job that he does, and he was told that Stevens is possibly heading to the Windy City (DEPAUL). Supposably a large contract is being worked out.

Yeah right lol..

Latest posts