Worse Case Scenario: Rose Bowl

NeilDiamond

Lets just get down to brass tacks: Iowa will not lose to Ind, NW (i know, i know, but this year is different) or anyone coached by Tim Brewster. PSU is going to put a hurtin' on OSU in Happy Valley i think. Accordingly, Iowa will have one loss at worst and will be headed to the R. Bowl.

Now for the real question: Would a trip to the Rose Bowl be kind of a bummer? I understand that pigs get fat and hogs go to slaughter, but I want the whole buffet this year.

If they win the next two, I do think it plays out that the Rose is the worst case, because there is no way Minnesota is winning in Kinnick the last game of the year

If they tie for the big ten title with 1 loss with Ohio State or PSU, doesn't the BCS go off who is ranked the highest in the BCS? Wasn't sure how that worked with the big 10....that was the tie breaker between Oklahoma and Texas last year.

I would just win them all and not worry about it.

If they tie for the big ten title with 1 loss with Ohio State or PSU, doesn't the BCS go off who is ranked the highest in the BCS? Wasn't sure how that worked with the big 10....that was the tie breaker between Oklahoma and Texas last year.

Its head to head for a two way tie.

Not quite sure what you are saying. The Rose Bowl will take the B10 champ and the Pac 10 champ if they are available. It appears that would be Iowa and probably USC.

First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is overall record. Third tie breaker is BCS ranking. I hope the team doesn't think the next two games are gonna be as easy as the NeilDiamond does. If so, we may have some more UNI/Arkansas St games on our hands.

Agreed. Iowa doesn't have a great recent history with NW as well as other teams they should beat (Western Michigan). They have been playing to the level of their opponents this year and the margin of error is quite small. With the injuries, their depth will be tested as well as their heart. I feel good about the chances, but nothing will be easy.

As far as the Rose Bowl as a worst case scenario, it's a great statement of where the program is. Let's hope they get there.

Latest posts