Woodbury targeted for fouls?

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
I guess this is how it is in Iowa HS basketball. Watch at the 35 second mark.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZPtX_geA2w]Adam Woodbury Gets Called for Phantom Foul, 12-10-11 - YouTube[/ame]

Ummm yeah. Two hands in the back of an rebounder in front of you and a push off is a foul 100% of the time.

Check this out. Maybe they could have called #55 for a foul a little sooner, don't ya think?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9R8kswrP0&feature=related]Adam Woodbury Shoved Until Foul Called, 12-10-11 - YouTube[/ame]

He wouldn't have even been close to that kid if #55 wasn't putting all his weight into Adam shoving him forward.

Yes I did see that, but that's not what your post was about.

Letting the garbage that 55 was getting away with is fine, provided you don't turn around and call Woodbury for something as weak as what he was whistled for. If you're going to let things go, then let them go on both ends of the floor.

Letting the garbage that 55 was getting away with is fine, provided you don't turn around and call Woodbury for something as weak as what he was whistled for. If you're going to let things go, then let them go on both ends of the floor.

Letting 55 get away with shoving Woodbury around is NOT fine. Rough post play is one of the biggest reasons games get out of hand. Both 55 and Woodbury commited fouls on that possesion.

Letting 55 get away with shoving Woodbury around is NOT fine. Rough post play is one of the biggest reasons games get out of hand. Both 55 and Woodbury commited fouls on that possesion.

I guess I don't mean to say that the kind of play from 55 is actually okay. But you can't let them go on just one end of the floor. It's either a foul at both ends or a no-call at both ends (obviously should have been a foul at both ends).

That fat kid is just out there pushing him around like he's playing football. Looks a bit like this idiot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6v-bW6wxoY]Flagrant foul no-calls Highland @ Connell 12/22/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Kind of an odd thread given the Hawks have 2 consecutive road wins. Strikes me as 2009 post when Lickliter was on the bench and nobody wanted to talk about Iowa hoops.

The kid is 7' tall playing wit 6', duh of course he's going to get called for shoving the kid in the back, and yeah they are going to let kids try to body him up a bit. it's high school bball. harldy call it targeting.

and yeah they are going to let kids try to body him up a bit.
We clearly have different definitions of what "a bit" is. Even though the BIG is a physical conference, you never see crap like this. I think Woody will be quite relieved to get out of high school.

It's irrelevant. Whether he's being targeted in high school or not isn't going to carry over to next year and beyond anyway.

We clearly have different definitions of what "a bit" is. Even though the BIG is a physical conference, you never see crap like this. I think Woody will be quite relieved to get out of high school.

Yes that was a foul on 55. I'm just going with the notion that you think he is getting targeted. On this play that was too much, but in general smaller kids will get a way with more when going against a guy like Woodbury. And, no it's the B10 college bball, college refs, and more 6'9" and above players, so you won't see as much bodying up.

That fat kid is just out there pushing him around like he's playing football. Looks a bit like this idiot:

Flagrant foul no-calls Highland @ Connell 12/22/11 - YouTube

The fat kid and the kid with the headband might be the 2 worst basketball players I have ever seen play the sport.

The fat kid's coordination is god awful. I gotta give credit to the kids getting fouled by him for not reacting... If I saw someone do that to a teammate or if they did it to me I would have gone off on the kid and probably got kicked out of the game... but that is the stuff that happens when the refs let that crap get out of hand like that.

Those might also be some of the worst refs I have seen.

And why didn't the coach sit those two thugs on the bench for the rest of the game after they pulled that crap? It's not like they were helping the team.

BAD. BAD. BAD.

Latest posts