Woodbury + Olaseni =

weakest center ever created.

Never in my life have I seen two "bigs" who can't hold onto the ball, can't dunk and miss bunnies at the rim over and over.

We should have been able to carve teams up with our size this year but can't because we got a bunch of nancy boys on the interior.

If we don't get a transfer who can provide 12/8 a night next year this team might not even make the N.I.T.

I know you're not supposed to call out specific players but these two guys are in way over their heads at this level. Shocking that either can be on a B1G roster.

What makes me nervous is the prospect of Woody being our one and only true option in the paint next year. Unless a good big guy falls into our laps just in time for next season.

weakest center ever created.

Never in my life have I seen two "bigs" who can't hold onto the ball, can't dunk and miss bunnies at the rim over and over.

We should have been able to carve teams up with our size this year but can't because we got a bunch of nancy boys on the interior.

If we don't get a transfer who can provide 12/8 a night next year this team might not even make the N.I.T.

Shame on you or anyone for lumping or ripping on Gabe!! Only one weak center on this team and GO isn't it. Get a clue!!!!

Shame on you or anyone for lumping or ripping on Gabe!! Only one weak center on this team and GO isn't it. Get a clue!!!!

But I disagree on his ability to catch passes and power up to make shots. Gabe still floats away and throws up awkward shots.

I remember hearing Lute Olsen on the radio in the early 80's saying you have to jump up through the players arms and put the ball in the hoop.

Gabe and Woody left 20 points in the paint today, maybe more by not going up strong.

Woody really needs to learn how to get his feet and legs under him to power up.

-------At least Gabe hustles and tries.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Clearly defines Iowa athletics in a nutshell

Gabe had 5 blocks and 6 offensive rebounds. That is productive.

I'm a big Gabe fan. He absolutely should have been starting over Woodbury all season long. Gabe always hustles and doesn't hang his head when things get bad. Gabe will actually finish hard at the rim more often than not, and he's a good rebounder and great shot blocker. Woodbury is none of those things and it's disappointing.

I've never seen someone 7 feet tall miss as many shots within 5 feet of the hoop as Woodbury does. I don't say that to be mean it's honestly shocking to me. If you can touch the rim without jumping you shouldn't be getting blocked or missing layups. Period.

-------At least Gabe hustles and tries.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Clearly defines Iowa athletics in a nutshell
And the Iowa fan base as well. The administration, Bardo, coaches, players and fans should all get plastic trophies and ribbons. This whole mess in athletics is depressing at times, and the fans just accept it. We have forgotten what it was like to win big games. I could be wrong, but Fran has been here 5 years and may not have a BTT win or NCAA win yet. Recruiting class adds nothing for next year. They don't have the swagger for a big stage and will be out game one in tourney this year, sad to say.

And the Iowa fan base as well. The administration, Bardo, coaches, players and fans should all get plastic trophies and ribbons. This whole mess in athletics is depressing at times, and the fans just accept it. We have forgotten what it was like to win big games. I could be wrong, but Fran has been here 5 years and may not have a BTT win or NCAA win yet. Recruiting class adds nothing for next year. They don't have the swagger for a big stage and will be out game one in tourney this year, sad to say.

I was in undergrad at Iowa from fall 2003 through spring 2007. That was a great time to be a student and fan. The basketball team may not have made deep runs in the NCAA tournament, but they at least had some really good regular seasons and B1G tournaments. The football team was also pretty damn good during those years. Now we have football and basketball programs that seriously lack talent and coaching, and it seems like no one in the administration gives a ****. Barta is just digging his own grave by sitting on his hands.

Some of you need to quit posting after a loss. Gabe doesn't have the greatest hands and that hurts at times. That said, he was the 6th man of the year for a reason. To say he doesn't belong is stupid. Woody is Woody. He's gangly and can't jump through a guard, but he can impact the game on the defensive end and will occasionally produce against smaller teams. They played a bad game today. It happens.

I was in undergrad at Iowa from fall 2003 through spring 2007. That was a great time to be a student and fan. The basketball team may not have made deep runs in the NCAA tournament, but they at least had some really good regular seasons and B1G tournaments. The football team was also pretty damn good during those years. Now we have football and basketball programs that seriously lack talent and coaching, and it seems like no one in the administration gives a ****. Barta is just digging his own grave by sitting on his hands.

I would agree. The people in the state are starving for success. The games where these team don't show up, or give up, are like a punch in the gut to all who really care.

Turn out the lights, the party's over...

Woody is Woody. He's gangly and can't jump through a guard, but he can impact the game on the defensive end and will occasionally produce against smaller teams. They played a bad game today. It happens.

It's astounding that a 7'1" center has the inability to block shots or dunk a ball. The ability to make an impact on defense? How so? Because he's 7'1" and sits in the lane? Bring back a Eric Hansen type player and I'll be happy. I cringe every time I see Woody come back into the game. To lay blame on Gabe in this thread is absurd. Dude should've been starting all year. More hustle and athleticism than our current starter.

The dude is scared to hold onto the ball for more than 1 second. It's amazing how he panics. Never passes out of the post either. Can't catch a ball. Was good for defense today that's it.

Next year you have 30 plus minutes of the "thud", assuming he can stay out of foul trouble patrolling the opposing guards.

It's astounding that a 7'1" center has the inability to block shots or dunk a ball. The ability to make an impact on defense? How so? Because he's 7'1" and sits in the lane? Bring back a Eric Hansen type player and I'll be happy. I cringe every time I see Woody come back into the game. To lay blame on Gabe in this thread is absurd. Dude should've been starting all year. More hustle and athleticism than our current starter.

Yeah, pretty much that.

Latest posts