Wisconsin RB Rumors

thejumper5

Apparently Biels thinks that Wisconsin's 3-deep at running back is better than it was last year. He has been paraphrased as saying that Melvin Gordon is better than Montee Ball and James White. Am I the only Hawk fan that really doesn't want that to be true?

Edit: That's not to say that I don't like the RBs Iowa landed; I am. I just wouldn't be upset if Gordon fails to have a stellar college career, all things considered.

Last edited:
I bet he is just trying to get some good press. Melvin was obviously good but I would say after hearing everything I have about our incoming freshman I think everything has worked out just fine.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. Gordon looked like an absolute stud. That's not to say that I'm displeased with how our situation turned out, because I'm thrilled with it. But Clay was overrated, IMO.

I dislike Wisconsin probably more than any other Big Ten team, so I'd love to see them go 0-12 this year...buuuuut we don't play them again until Nov 2013, so I'm not going to get myself worked into a tizzy over what their current RB situation is.

I dislike Wisconsin probably more than any other Big Ten team, so I'd love to see them go 0-12 this year...buuuuut we don't play them again until Nov 2013, so I'm not going to get myself worked into a tizzy over what their current RB situation is.

You forgot about when Iowa will be playing them this year for the Big Ten Championship. ;)

I thought you were supposed to create low expectations and then outperform in sales? I still don't see how they are a top ten team. The 3 guys drafted off their O line must be easily replaced.

I thought you were supposed to create low expectations and then outperform in sales? I still don't see how they are a top ten team. The 3 guys drafted off their O line must be easily replaced.

Some Wisconsin fans on other sites are saying that this year's OL will be as good as, MAYBE BETTER, than last years' line.:rolleyes: I'll believe it when I see it.

Fitz is not a bad guy. You only hate him, because KF cant figure out how to beat him.

No, we "hate" him because he has a bone up his azz for IOWA. So you broke your leg against IOWA...get a therapist and get over it private school puzzy.

As for Gordon...good for him. He's a Badger... fK him. We have two guys that I wouldn't trade for him no matter what (Coker and McCall)

Last edited:
Honestly I could see there 3 being better than last year. Clay had all but mailed it in midway through the season and quit playing for whatever reason. Gordon could be the real deal and I definitely think Ball and White are as good if not better than advertised.

I want them to be REALLY good at the beginning of the season to whoop up on Nebraska. After that, I'd love to have a chance to play them end of year.

Am I the only one who wants to punch Fitz in the adams apple everytime he says "Go Cats" to finish every interview?
We would beat them if we would stop being so darn vanilla on D and blitz, blitz, blitz..Fitz said it himself. I for one hope to see a different approach on Oct 15th for the black and gold game. (I know this won't happen)

I bet he is just trying to get some good press. Melvin was obviously good but I would say after hearing everything I have about our incoming freshman I think everything has worked out just fine.
What makes the Iowa's coaches praise for McCall any different than Bielema's praise for Gordon? Selective thinking is good for self-esteem I guess.

Latest posts