Wins to be successful...

Hawkfromnorwalk

Saw a poll on one of the other sites asking people how many wins we need for next year to be considered successful. A vast majority of the voters were in the 10+ win area. My question is, do you guys share the same feelings? Do we need to meet 10 regular season wins to be considered successful next year?

My .02, there is no doubt we will have to meet that number. The fact is, we're going to be entering the season in the top 15 and more than likely in the top 10. Teams that start in that position need to take advantage of it. I know we lose a lot on the offensive line and we lost TonyMo but I think we have enough of a supporting cast to hold our own. Same with the defense with losing Angerer, Edds, and Spievey. So in my mind, anything less than a 10 win regular season will feel a little disappointing.

10 wins would be great and i agree anything short of that might be a bit disappointing but i am trying to keep my expectations in check. We are losing a ton of talent. Possibly 4-5 1st day draft picks. When you lose that kindve talent it all depends on how well the new guys fill the holes.

Considering our situation on the offensive line, I'd be okay with 9 (in the regular season). But yes, including the bowl game I think we need to have at least 10 wins. If the line gels early, we could have quite a few more than that though.

Based off of expectations I would say 10 wins to be successful, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed with 9. But reality will come when we see how the new O-Line performs, to replace that much 8-9 wins would be successful.

IMO 10 is the magic number. 10 wins and I will be happy, more are possible and that will be great but 10 should be expected by most fans. 9 may be okay depending on how the losses come and any over 10 is icing on the cake.

Considering our situation on the offensive line, I'd be okay with 9 (in the regular season). But yes, including the bowl game I think we need to have at least 10 wins. If the line gels early, we could have quite a few more than that though.

Did somebody say Situation?

mike_0644.jpg

10 wins would be great and i agree anything short of that might be a bit disappointing but i am trying to keep my expectations in check. We are losing a ton of talent. Possibly 4-5 1st day draft picks. When you lose that kindve talent it all depends on how well the new guys fill the holes.

I think the first day of the draft is only rounds one and two. If thats the case we have 2 1st day pick. Who are you predicting goes in the 1st three rounds?

Last edited:
My feeling about the season always depends on how we finish. Kind of the latency effect. If we finish strong, like most, but not all, Ferentz teams have, then I usually feel pretty good about the season. But that being said, I like Iowa for 10. If they don't make 10, then it will depend on how the season rolls out...

I think the first day of the draft is only rounds one and two. If thats the case we have 1st day pick. Who are you predicting goes in the 1st three rounds?

I forgot they have changed the way the draft is airing. I think Bulaga, Spievey, and Moeaki go in the 1st 3 rounds for sure. I think Angerer and Edds are 3rd/4th round

I don't claim to be Mel Kiper but highly doubt anyone besides Bulaga and Speivey go in the first three rounds.Thats just my guess and unlike Steve Deace I don't look at what Kiper and his sidekick say and then move a couple of guys around so I could be way off.

Last edited:
I forgot they have changed the way the draft is airing. I think Bulaga, Spievey, and Moeaki go in the 1st 3 rounds for sure. I think Angerer and Edds are 3rd/4th round

this year they changed it up and I think day one is only round 1 in primetime, day two is rounds 2-3, and day 3 is rounds 4-7. But I think everyone still knows what is meant by saying a day 1 pick.

this year they changed it up and I think day one is only round 1 in primetime, day two is rounds 2-3, and day 3 is rounds 4-7. But I think everyone still knows what is meant by saying a day 1 pick.
I knew what he meant but my point was that I think that sometimes we like to think our guys are better prospects than they really are. Last season alot of people thought King would be an early second day pick.

I knew what he meant but my point was that I think that sometimes we like to think our guys are better prospects than they really are. Last season alot of people thought King would be an early second day pick.

You might be right - i am not a draft expert at all. I do think Moeaki helped himself a ton with his combine results. Angerer and Edds are bordeline depending on what happens up until draft day.

I agree that Bulaga and Spievey are the only locks for what i predicted but i think the other guys have a reasonable shot

IMO Moeaki did right about what you would expect besides his weak vert. I just don't see a team gambling on him that early when you look at his injury history. I agree that he has 3rd round talent but you have to go with the injury free guy if they are in the same ballpark skill wise. I guess that all depends on the depth of the draft which I know little about.

Latest posts