Win the bowl game, new HC

I'm not buying your rationale. So many points to highlight and dispute. Sorry I just don't see your logic

I'm not buying your rationale. So many points to highlight and dispute. Sorry I just don't see your logic
The logic was simple. Win and Kirk is +.600 winning percentage, lose and he is not.

Iowa hasn't named an OC. Doesn't that make you scratch your head and wonder if there may have been some top level discussions going on that Iowa AD may not want to name an OC if there is a chance that the HC is going to retire? Why would the new HC want an OC that he didn't choose?

Ultimately we lost so we will never know if he was actually going to retire but there is still hope that he just takes his ball and leaves?

I personally wish he would just take a marginal buyout and walk into the sunset but in reality I think his top motivation at this point in his career is a shot at the Hall of Fame.

Kirk is 208-140 in his career. The B1G and Bowl loss dropped him to a .597 winning %. The hall requires a .600 winnning % and he simply doesn't have it unless the hall is willing to do some rounding.

Next year we have a 12+ game schedule. Iowa needs to go 8-4 to get to .600. If Iowa makes the B1G championship game, Iowa needs to win either that game or the bowl game (assuming we're not in the BCS 12 team playoffs). It's more of a math problem than anything for him right now.

Our schedule next year includes fOSU and road games against Washington, and UCLA. There is a great chance we outkick and go better than 8-4 based on schedule and returning talent but that's razor thin margin.

Last edited:
Next year we have a 12+ game schedule. Iowa needs to go 8-4 to get to .600. If Iowa makes the B1G championship game, Iowa needs to win either that game or the bowl game (assuming we're not in the BCS 12 team playoffs). It's more of a math problem than anything for him right now.
IA's not in the B1G championship game unless they're at least 10-2.

If Iowa makes the B1G championship game…
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In addition to qualifying for HoF, I think the B10 wins record is also driving Kirk at this point.

Latest posts