Will we keep all our commits?

hawkytalk

We have lost two recruits that had commited from the great state of Texas. I have heard from a good source that we will not be getting the WR from Iowa City West, a guy we needed desperately. How many more will we lose with this awful finish?

Time will tell. It's late in the process for many of these guys to start building a relationship with another staff. If there's one guy I'd be worried about it would Matt Hankins. While I don't think a down year will impact this year's class month, it very well could affect the '18 cycle.

If we had a lot more 4* & 5* commits, I'd worry, but unfortunately we don't have very many of those.

I will think we will lose more. I think there is internal strife that will lead to players asking for transfers at the end of season. This is a total mess and time to get the boosters to cough up some money so we can get this coaching staff out of here. 4.5 million you should be competing for at least conference championships yearly and at least make it to the college playoffs.

Yes. Recruits and current players I'm afraid. Big issues is what it looks like. Can we take eno back. Lol

If we had a lot more 4* & 5* commits, I'd worry, but unfortunately we don't have very many of those.

Hankins has a Michigan offer
Kalenberger has a Nebby offer
Colbert has a Nebby offer
Turner has a Wisconsin offer
Holmes has a Wisconsin offer
Kelly-Martin has a Arizona and Wisconsin offer

If you think only 4* & 5* kids are the only ones worth holding onto, you are mistaken. We need to keep each and every one of these "lowly 3*" recruits.

Time will tell. It's late in the process for many of these guys to start building a relationship with another staff. If there's one guy I'd be worried about it would Matt Hankins. While I don't think a down year will impact this year's class month, it very well could affect the '18 cycle.[/QUOTE

........and let's not forget those that we've been courting for some time to fill the remainder of this year's class. They could make the difference between an overall good class and something less desirable.

We're offering a lot of ammunition as of late for opposing coaches to pitch to our remaining targets as well as our current verbals.

Hankins has a Michigan offer
Kalenberger has a Nebby offer
Colbert has a Nebby offer
Turner has a Wisconsin offer
Holmes has a Wisconsin offer
Kelly-Martin has a Arizona and Wisconsin offer

If you think only 4* & 5* kids are the only ones worth holding onto, you are mistaken. We need to keep each and every one of these "lowly 3*" recruits.
Well, I guess it's good that führer kirk doesn't allow these commits to communicate with those schools...

When the rumors start spreading that KF will be fired then almost all the recruits will leave for Wisconsin or Nebraska.

If we are embarrassed by Michigan this weekend, then I'd say it's likely we lose a few more.

If no one jumps after that, then we're probably ok

We only need to collect 48 million to remove KF. What is really sad is the fact that Michigan is gonna hang 50 plus points on us. These two coaches do not care much for each other. Harbaugh has robbed our recruits at the last moment while he has been at Michigan. He will run up the score and there will be nothing we can do about it. To add insult to injury he will land our star high school WR from IC West whom we need desperately.

We only need to collect 48 million to remove KF. What is really sad is the fact that Michigan is gonna hang 50 plus points on us. These two coaches do not care much for each other. Harbaugh has robbed our recruits at the last moment while he has been at Michigan. He will run up the score and there will be nothing we can do about it. To add insult to injury he will land our star high school WR from IC West whom we need desperately.

The payout for Lickliter was 2.4 million when he was fired. Let that roll around inside your head while you're trying to figure out how Gary Barta got this far in life. His rise to power is kinda a metaphor for where we are as a nation.

The only person who actually believes that KF will be fired is IowaHOCKS23

Do you still think Martin is committing to Iowa? I'm not sure why any talented receiver would commit to Iowa to play in this scheme; and obviously they don't which explains our receiving core.

The payout for Lickliter was 2.4 million when he was fired. Let that roll around inside your head while you're trying to figure out how Gary Barta got this far in life. His rise to power is kinda a metaphor for where we are as a nation.
OMG! That was
gold-bars.jpeg

Do you still think Martin is committing to Iowa? I'm not sure why any talented receiver would commit to Iowa to play in this scheme; and obviously they don't which explains our receiving core.

Lets just say I'm more pessimistic now than I was before the season began. If you want, I can do a "crystal ball" prediction a few hours before he make is official after the news has leaked out everywhere. I could have done that for Van Ginkel as it was out there he was going with Wisconsin several days before he made it "official".

Lets just say I'm more pessimistic now than I was before the season began. If you want, I can do a "crystal ball" prediction a few hours before he make is official after the news has leaked out everywhere. I could have done that for Van Ginkel as it was out there he was going with Wisconsin several days before he made it "official".

That doesn't sound good. Van Ginkel grew up an Iowa fan and still chose Wisconsin. Martin grew up an Iowa fan, and that's about all I've heard Iowa has going for them in the recruiting process. At least Iowa puts DE's and LB's in the the NFL
Did you not say you had inside sources on Martin, or were you mostly basing it off him being an Iowa fan and growing up in IC?

Latest posts