Will Texas become bowl eligible?

UP6936

After a really BAD loss to Kansas State (KSU was up 39-0 when the 4th quarter started), the Longhorns are 4-5 and in dead last place in the Big 12 South. They need two wins to become bowl eligble. They have three home games remaining against Oklahoma State, Florida Atlantic and Texas A&M.

I will still give the Longhorns the courtesy of assuming a win over Florida Atlantic, but I would have to make them an underdog in the other two games. OSU just wallopped a previously ranked Baylor team and A&M soundly beat Oklahoma. Seeing as how teams like UCLA and ISU can waltz into Austin and leave with victories, I would put the odds of Texas playing in a bowl this year below 50%.

I am curious to see if this season impacts their recruiting class, which is currently ranked #1. I know these kids don't make their decisions purely on W-L records, but the Texas program appears to be heading the wrong direction (much like ND and Florida...who also currently have some of the top recruits verbally committed).

For Texas to be as bad as they are for as well as they recruit is embarrassing to me and there is little excuse.

For Texas to be as bad as they are for as well as they recruit is embarrassing to me and there is little excuse.

I hope Mack Brown enjoys all of the money he is earning because his life is going to be one giant poop storm over the off season.

I am curious to see if this season impacts their recruiting class, which is currently ranked #1. I know these kids don't make their decisions purely on W-L records, but the Texas program appears to be heading the wrong direction (much like ND and Florida...who also currently have some of the top recruits verbally committed).

For now I don't think there is any reason to believe that this season isn't just an isolated blip on the radar screen. They have a starting QB who is stinking up the joint. Maybe that is the price of having a four year starter, you aren't able to develop anyone else to replace him when he leaves.

UT still has first dibs on the plethora of great talent in the state of Texas. They just signed a contract with ESPN to broadcast their Olympic sports for $12,000,000/year. Texas can survive one bad year on the football field.

I hope they don't. And I also hope that Mac Brown addresses the national media as to why they have arguably the best talent on the field, but can't win 10 games.

Latest posts