Will Nebraska be better than Iowa next season (in basketball)?

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Even though it is their first year in Big Ten, I say yes. Nebraska has a lot of returning players and solid foundation and recruiting class. They just knocked off #2 Texas. Program changing win still missing here at Iowa.

It's hard to say right now. Even though Iowa is still losing... They are looking better. I say that Iowa is going to win at home, but lose at Lincoln.

Nebraska just beat #2 Texas today. I'd say Iowa is better now then at this time last year but they need a ton of help. A post player. a shooting guard and another good point guard to go along with Cartwright.

Sadly Iowa basketball has bottom tier Big Ten talent. Until Coach McCaffery is able to somehow break through and recruit some program changers, the conference results will remain the same. I just don't buy the argument that this team with another year of experience will be much better off.

Sadly Iowa basketball has bottom tier Big Ten talent. Until Coach McCaffery is able to somehow break through and recruit some program changers, the conference results will remain the same. I just don't buy the argument that this team with another year of experience will be much better off.

I think Basabe/Cartwright have definitely been program changers, but this is year one. Lets see what happens in the Spring, but Iowa will be much better off in year two under Fran and company. Iowa doesn't need to hit a homerun in the Spring, but does need to bring in two more quality players to go with the two that are already coming. Basabe/Marble/McCabe are freshman that should benefit greatly with a full offseason to get ready, Cartwright now has the JUCO out of him, if he played this way to start the season, Iowa would have equalled its win total of last season before conference play. Only Michigan has made more improvement than Iowa in the course of this last 12 months in the Big Ten and they struggled the first part of the Big Ten season. Iowa will be much improved in year two.
On the original topic, yes Nebraska will be better next year, but I don't see Nebraska maintaining much momentum for a sustained period of time, so after year one, no they won't be.

Even though it is their first year in Big Ten, I say yes. Nebraska has a lot of returning players and solid foundation and recruiting class. They just knocked off #2 Texas. Program changing win still missing here at Iowa.

Why are you worried about how Nebraska is going to be?

Latest posts