Will Iowa do the same

AHawk1

It appears as though ISU hired internally for the new coordinator spot. Sounds like Messingham is the new OC will the Hawks stay internal for a DC as well.

Ferentz says he feels the program is attractive to many coaches inide and out. He also said he will take his time. It's really up in the air right now. I figure if he was going to promote Phil he would have made that announcement.

It appears as though ISU hired internally for the new coordinator spot. Sounds like Messingham is the new OC will the Hawks stay internal for a DC as well.

Loves me some Coach Mess! still rocking the stache after all these years. He was my position coach back in the day.

I believe Iowa will hire Parker. He gets a bum rap, but is solid.

Right now it's not about the X's and O's as much as it is the Jimmy's and the Joes. We need guys who can recruit.

Ferentz says he feels the program is attractive to many coaches inide and out. He also said he will take his time. It's really up in the air right now. I figure if he was going to promote Phil he would have made that announcement.

They have to go through the 2-week job posting and interview process even if they know who they want to hire.

Loves me some Coach Mess! still rocking the stache after all these years. He was my position coach back in the day.

Right now it's not about the X's and O's as much as it is the Jimmy's and the Joes. We need guys who can recruit.

What a great guy and heck of a athlete.

Kirk should interview any and all that apply. Someone can come out of left field and shock us all. There are lots of good young talented coaches out there that Kirk can pull on and eventually hand the reigns over to when he decides to become neighbors with hayden!

I do like Messingham. Have known him for years. His dad (70 years old) still works for me as a plasterer. Courtney worked with us while in college as a laborer. Very happy for him.

Nothing spells Success = mega recruits like Phil Parker. Be still, my heart.

About as exciting as watching candles melt in the sun, or listening to the corn borers do their work in the summertime breeze.

I think Parker would be a solid hire, Aiken needs to be on the staff in one way or another though.

Parker is the safe "let's not take any chances" hire.

Who Kirk picks to replace Norm will be very telling. We'll find out if Kirk is happy with plain, predictable vanilla....or will he go for bold and innovative.

I think I know the answer to that.

How much will Barta influence Kirks DC decision, and how much do big boosters influence Barta? I have nothing against Parker promotion, for the record and would like to see KOK "transitioned" to videographer for our hockey team.

How much will Barta influence Kirks DC decision, and how much do big boosters influence Barta? I have nothing against Parker promotion, for the record and would like to see KOK "transitioned" to videographer for our hockey team.

Why the new OC would still do whatever KF says and run whatever plays KF wants.

Latest posts