Wieskamp Struggling

NikeHawk21

He looks a little lost out there. Almost seems like he’s getting away from where he excels which is the three point line. Only shot one 3 last night.

I’m not sure if he’s trying to show he can do other things or what. He’s not athletic enough to consistently beat guys off the dribble if they aren’t honoring his deep range.

I’m not in panic mode yet I know he is a really good player just needs to get back to playing his game.

Wieskamp may very well be a very, very, very, good role player. If he had a point guard and a center to complement him, he can then really shine at what he excels at. Without them, he may not be suited to carry the load night in and night out. Iowa High School Basketball vs the Real World=big difference.

Based on his persona/ demeanor I am not really worried about him. I realize he isn’t a robot, but if you just let him be, he will figure it out.

He has the demeanor to be the top dog. He has been his whole life. He just had back to back games of terrible and decent. The game before that he was really really good.

I think he’ll be fine. Offense is running through Luka right now with advantage on inside, although that didn’t work out against DePaul.

Joe is a gamer, tough as nails. Luka will continue drawing more attention and that will open things up for Joe.

Based on his persona/ demeanor I am not really worried about him. I realize he isn’t a robot, but if you just let him be, he will figure it out.
Oh ya. Like I said I’m not panicking yet, just seems he hasn’t gotten into his rhythm.

I think he’ll be fine. Offense is running through Luka right now with advantage on inside, although that didn’t work out against DePaul.

Joe is a gamer, tough as nails. Luka will continue drawing more attention and that will open things up for Joe.
Agreed. Some of these games there are a lot is smaller quicker player and there isn’t much flow.

Ther was a play last night where Garza actually did kick it out from down low but Joe decided to dive instead of spotting up for 3. In his defense Luka doesn’t kick it often, but Joe ended up catching it in traffic instead of having a wide open 3. A couple plays later he had a wide open three with his feet set, pump faked took a long two and bricked it.

Like I said I’m not too concerned just seems he’s a bit off. I want Joe shooting 6 3 point shots a game. He only has 11 attempts through 3 games.

Weiskamp needs quickness around him to thrive. If toussaint were allowed to play through mistakes this would be a different team.

Not to hammer a guy while he’s down but I don’t know if Joe W has the personality or game to be the guy. he’s still a soph and will be a great player but I want Joe W to be the #2/3 scoring option.

His value is versatility as a decent defender, good rebounder and its all these aspects that make him good but I don’t know that we ever rely him to be the guy to lead the offense. If he does I think it’s likely like a Matt Gates’s style as a good player on a bad team once Garza and JBo are gone.

Agree and I think he will come around, too. But in every year of the Fran era the sophomore jinx has reared its ugly head. Garza may have saved his sophomore season with a strong finish but the jinx bit him for much of the conference season as well.

Agree and I think he will come around, too. But in every year of the Fran era the sophomore jinx has reared its ugly head. Garza may have saved his sophomore season with a strong finish but the jinx bit him for much of the conference season as well.

before we talk about Lukas early season " jinx " lets remember the mass that was removed from his abdomen shortly before the season began , and yet he played thru that rounding into form as the season progressed , he played a gutty ( no pun intended ) sophomore year