Wieskamp Announces Iowa Return

Great news - Rob do you feel like Iowa PR is trying to dash us fans with some good news after a terrible few weeks? Probably. If they got another rabbit in the hat as far as instant help coming next season - this would be another great time to drop that. :)

Great news - Rob do you feel like Iowa PR is trying to dash us fans with some good news after a terrible few weeks? Probably. If they got another rabbit in the hat as far as instant help coming next season - this would be another great time to drop that. :)

You think the AD can be that strategic! Ha. :rolleyes:

When JW committed I thought the debate to jump would come after his 3rd year.........now I am wondering if it will come after his second.

When JW committed I thought the debate to jump would come after his 3rd year.........now I am wondering if it will come after his second.

Its really hard to say these days. There are some decent paying leagues across both ponds and guys like Joe can bank a lot of money playing over there for a decade or so. Its starting to become a mystery as to why these guys go to college at all. Start making money as soon as you can. The NBA has eyes all over those leagues. They'll notice you.

Its really hard to say these days. There are some decent paying leagues across both ponds and guys like Joe can bank a lot of money playing over there for a decade or so. Its starting to become a mystery as to why these guys go to college at all. Start making money as soon as you can. The NBA has eyes all over those leagues. They'll notice you.
I hate this notion that there is zero benefit to playing college basketball.

For a guy as talented as Joe the overseas leagues and money will always be there, and no there aren’t many guys that come from those leagues and make it back to the NBA as you suggest.

I bet you if you asked a guy like Aaron White what his favorite basketball memories are he would say his time at Iowa. Money is a great thing but it’s not the only thing.

I'm hoping Joe can play the point. If I was Fran...I'd have him spending 35% of his workout time on his handle. A guy with his basketball IQ needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. If he adds ten pounds and can improve his ball handling...let him run the show a bit. The kid has moxie and is a gamer...he'll figure it out.

I'm hoping Joe can play the point. If I was Fran...I'd have him spending 35% of his workout time on his handle. A guy with his basketball IQ needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. If he adds ten pounds and can improve his ball handling...let him run the show a bit. The kid has moxie and is a gamer...he'll figure it out.
No way do I want him at the point. That’s not the best place for his skill set. And he was our 2nd leading rebounder.

No way do I want him at the point. That’s not the best place for his skill set. And he was our 2nd leading rebounder.

It's possible to play the point on offense (be the decision maker, draw the defense, find open teammates, and still look to score) and guard a different position other than PG on defense (and still rebound).

The coaching staff may need to think outside the box with what has happened this off season.

It's possible to play the point on offense (be the decision maker, draw the defense, find open teammates, and still look to score) and guard a different position other than PG on defense (and still rebound).

The coaching staff may need to think outside the box with what has happened this off season.
Agreed. Marble's senior year he played sort of a point forward type of position a lot. That being said, Conner and Toussaint might not be as effective if they are off the ball.