Why?

What made Kirk believe a Greg "Horizontal" Davis offense would work in Iowa City. We don't have the players and never will. That decision sent us from above average to barely mediocre. If Davis isn't gone by November 29th, its time to clean up house.

The passing game is working -- 6.1 YPA and 66% completion rate gets you twelve yards in three plays. That gets you a first down, and your drive continues.

The IOWA WAY of running is netting 2.9 YPC -- that gets you a punt. Greg Davis' horizontal passing as running game is working way, way better than the traditional zone read and power-o plays that Iowa kept in the offense from the pre-Davis era. I would venture a guess that Greg Davis has his hands tied WRT running the offense, just from watching the way the game is played. That back to back two minute drill against Ball State was all passing, and it is the only time this year the Iowa offense moved the ball consistently. The running game is killing the Hawks.

The passing game is working -- 6.1 YPA and 66% completion rate gets you twelve yards in three plays. That gets you a first down, and your drive continues.

The IOWA WAY of running is netting 2.9 YPC -- that gets you a punt. Greg Davis' horizontal passing as running game is working way, way better than the traditional zone read and power-o plays that Iowa kept in the offense from the pre-Davis era. I would venture a guess that Greg Davis has his hands tied WRT running the offense, just from watching the way the game is played. That back to back two minute drill against Ball State was all passing, and it is the only time this year the Iowa offense moved the ball consistently. The running game is killing the Hawks.

Our offense invites defenses to stack the box. They are able to stop the run and the pass by not threatening downfield.

Our offense invites defenses to stack the box. They are able to stop the run and the pass by not threatening downfield.

This is exactly right. If I'm a coach playing Iowa I'm playing everyone in the box. You run it? We stop you. You pass it at the line of scrimmage? We stop you. I've watched film and know that Rudock won't throw downfield even if receivers are open. Defensive coordinators have got to be getting a little hard thinking about playing this offense.

Latest posts